Elections 2023 and 2024

Says the man who left his pet alone in the cold while traipsing in Cancun.

Snowflake! :cold_face:

17 Likes

YESSSSS

For those not following this, Missouri is one of 10 states with a ballot initiative to protect the right to abortion. Due to a lot of republican bullshit, the amendment first was intended to be rewritten, then various judges walked that back, then a circuit judge threatened to remove the amendment from the ballot entirely, and finally the asshole secretary of state (Jay Ashcroft, scion of the repugnant MO Ashcrofts) said he was taking it off the ballot himself. Well, today the MO Supreme Court says it stays. WOOT!

18 Likes

Why can’t they have the debates at a reasonable hour for us old people that have been working 15 days straight?

Our daughter, on the other hand, walked over to the fancy Emagine Theater by her today to get a giant tub of popcorn for fight night.

There was a trump parade, yeah, I said parade, wtf, by us over the weekend and they passed out free signs so now there are a crap ton of signs all around us.

14 Likes

is this going to be the thread to watch for live-commenting the play-by-play of the debate?
will the debate have its own thread?

10 Likes

Here ya go!

16 Likes

I thought that design was familiar:

13 Likes

Yes, that is what passes for clever satire in MAGA land. It’s a wonder they were able to come up with anything more original than yet another “Got Milk?” parody.

9 Likes

Less than a half hour… I’m gonna watch it on the big teevee instead of sitting at my desk, but here is the PBS livestream for peeps who want to watch and discuss as it happens!

15 Likes

I checked out their twitter, they are completely bonkers.

7 Likes

Woohoo! Election-related phishing attempt!

12 Likes

Oh wow, I just got the same text. From 202-996-xxxx.

9 Likes
9 Likes

“Former Vice President?” Huh? Go home, CNN, you’re drunk.

20 Likes
18 Likes

Maybe some copy editor’s way of saying she just made herself president tonight. :wink:

16 Likes

That’s the interpretation I’m walking away with tonight. Thank you.

15 Likes

Who won the Harris-Trump debate? We asked swing-state voters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2024/presidential-debate-voter-poll/

19 Likes
11 Likes

On a scale of 1 to 10, Harris gets 8.5, and Trump gets 1.8!

:rofl:

15 Likes

Bill Hader Snl GIF

11 Likes