Elections 2023 and 2024

16 Likes

They will get Keenan to dress as Kamala Harris and play Hallelujah on the piano, then play a jazzy bridge and play into Little Richard’s Hound Dog?

I imagine they can still get their hands on the stagewear Kate McKinnon wore, it’s only been a few uh ok (checks notes) November 2016 since it was on the air:

9 Likes

29 Likes
14 Likes

Trump supporters in Pennsylvania said he missed an opportunity to attract moderate or undecided voters and to attack Vice President Kamala Harris.

??

He did attack her, constantly. It’s just that the blows never landed, since his efforts were so fumbling and ham fisted.

Fight Me Bad Ass GIF by Holly Logan

16 Likes

Also, his attacks were seriously hampered by him jumping with both feet on every conversational rake Harris placed before him.

16 Likes

the simpsons rake GIF

16 Likes

JFC as if that ship didn’t sail back in … oh 2015 or so? Why anybody thinks he’ll do anything different at this point is beyond me.

Every damn day I hear talking heads saying how he need to appeal to the mythical middle to peel off support from Harris, and every damn day he does the complete opposite of that. Yet somehow this fucking guy is still competitive despite every damn day him saying or doing any number of things that would have immediately disqualified literally anybody else.

White supremacy is a hell of a drug, I guess.

19 Likes

I don’t believe the polling, in general; inherently they will be skewed, because the data reported is not taken from a large enough sample group. (How could it be? Many people will not answer unknown/political calls.)

And that’s before you add in the incentives in place to tip the apparent results in a desired direction.

21 Likes
13 Likes

“Currently, Harris has the backing of 50% of likely voters, with Trump garnering 47% support. The remaining 3% said they would vote for someone else.”

Apologies for the post link. I’m thinking that when less skewed Trump polls come out post debate the margin in favor of Harris will widen.
:crossed_fingers:

16 Likes

Ohfergoodnesssakes really?:

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

16 Likes

Speaking of which, new set of postage stamps?

26 Likes

I’d like vaguely annoying tautological headlines for $200, Alex

Pundits Said Harris Won the Debate. Undecided Voters Weren’t So Sure.

By Jeremy W. Peters, Jack Healy

15 Likes
16 Likes

The committed MAGAts will not leave, giving him a floor of some 21% give or take. Given enough voter intimidation and suppression that could be enough if complacency sets in. We don’t just need to defeat him and his ilk, we need to destroy them utterly, make them a shameful remembrance that somehow, no one admits to being a part of.

REPUBLICAN PARTY DELENDA EST

(edit cause I no spell good)

20 Likes
14 Likes

Another Bush cabinet member endorses Harris.

14 Likes

Abandon Ship GIF

(Not that Gonzales is the next generation by any stretch, but even as lifelong big-name Republicans are endorsing the presidential candidate not in their party, I feel like maybe the dam is truly starting to break.)

17 Likes

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

15 Likes