Elections 2023 and 2024

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/09/13/harris-tiktok-social-media-team/

13 Likes

21 Likes
10 Likes

Meidas Touch:

Project 2025 Stafferā€™s Viral Video on Abortion Massively Backfires

18 Likes

I hope he keeps getting flooded with those comments even on his subsequent videos which Iā€™m sure will never acknowledge this one.

12 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes

18 Likes

I was really hoping the voter intimidation Paxton attempted backfires in an epic way. Looks like my hopes may come true.

thereā€™s been chatter for years about large blocks of Latino and Latina voters going over to the GOP. Not sure if that is exaggeration, but at least some have. In part because the state-level Democrats elected to where they live canā€™t get anything the community needs accomplished. This is because our legs is stacked with GOP and MAGA due to gerrymandering and voter suppression. I hope those people understand now that the GOP will never represent their interests. Will never value our Latino and Latina citizens.

24 Likes

And - itā€™s back to what it was.

19 Likes

So maddening. Every single piece of mail in the country gets stamped as a matter of course indicating when it was received and processed by the Post Office. If youā€™re not going to trust an actual Federal agency to tell you when something was mailed why would you believe a handwritten date provided by the voter??

17 Likes
17 Likes

Fark headline:
Convicted felon and former host of ā€˜The Apprenticeā€™ endorses Kamala Harris

I LOLā€™ed

11 Likes

Iā€™ve received mail from businesses and non-profits that was not stamped. Those prepaid envelopes with an imprint have no postmark. So the recipient can try to guess when it was mailed (if the content includes a date), but thereā€™s no way to confirm it. :woman_shrugging:t4: Not sure if ballots are treated as a special case by the USPS, but Iā€™m hoping similar challenges donā€™t come up in other states:

https://www.ncsl.org/elections-and-campaigns/table-12-states-with-postage-paid-election-mail

In Pennsylvania we also have drop boxes (as pictured in the article). Those are not managed by USPS, but by county election officials. I use those exclusively, because the USPS is too slow. Ballots placed in a drop box are picked up and processed the same day.

15 Likes

I have a feeling that this administration wonā€™t just roll over the way Gore did in the face of electoral fuckery. Maybe Iā€™m a Pollyanna, though.

13 Likes

Fingers crossed. I too sense that theyā€™re more prepared. I think I read somewhere that in some ways at least, they are, but I canā€™t recall where that was in the past few weeksā€™ stream of newsie bits.

12 Likes

I donā€™t think the administration will roll over, but the more there is to disrupt the election, the more of a problem the fascists who refuse to accept the result will be afterward. They need to be shut down a lot harder than they have been so far.

12 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not saying this stuff isnā€™t a problem - itā€™s making me very nervous - but ultimately I feel like Harris et al are more than likely up to the task. There are lawyers champing at the bit to hit the ground. Itā€™s comforting to me that Biden will still be President for nearly 2.5 months in case of fuckery. And heā€™s got a lot of wiggle room now to do what needs to be done.

11 Likes

Every vote counts. No lame excuses!

16 Likes

And most of all, what they wanted to hear ā€” and didnā€™t ā€” was the fine print.

Here you go. Took me all of 5 seconds to find, and Iā€™m not even American.

Thatā€™s why party platforms exist. You canā€™t put complicated concepts like that into a speech, and definitely not into a debate.

My suggestion for a translation would be ā€œfactio republicana delenda est eatā€

14 Likes