Elections 2023 and 2024

Harris 49%
Trump 46%

Likely voters.

20 Likes
15 Likes

Yet more projection.

It’s Trump and the GOP and the whole right-wing media jungle who are constantly stirring shit up, using violent rhetoric, and actively opposing any attempts to do something about America’s disastrous gun culture.

He’s sowing wind and blaming others for the whirlwind.

19 Likes
6 Likes

Straight out of the fascist playbook, yet again. I suppose it’s updated with the awareness that the corporate media will mostly just repeat what you said, without also pointing out that what you’re claiming the other side is doing is actually what you’re doing.

12 Likes

Nothing we don’t know already:

14 Likes

A useful yet temporary tool.

15 Likes

computer rage GIF

[ETA] Speaking of…

Angry Star Trek GIF

16 Likes

This reads like those clickbait ads.

That one trick auto insurance companies don’t want you to know.

13 Likes

The nice thing about completely fabricated statistics is that it’s super easy to cut them in half.

15 Likes

Another apparatchik happy to obey in advance.

Those who wear the uniform must either resign or become the enforcers of the whims of one man.

5 Likes

Sounds like a great event but the guest list made me sad because it reminded me that Nichelle Nichols has passed on. :frowning:

7 Likes

IMG_6143

12 Likes

17 Likes

At that point, I don’t see why the Administration can’t just say “no.” The Supreme Court has no enforcement ability, it’s just nine people in robes. It relies on general agreement in the integrity and sanctity of the legal system for its decisions to be respected. Once it demonstrates that it itself is destroying that integrity, whence comes the obligation to abide by its decision?

Would it be a Constitutional crisis? Yep. But that ship would have sailed already, anyway, at the hands of the Court, not of those who resist its coup.

12 Likes

So that means my insurance will only go up 36.5% next year??? Is that really the point he’s trying to make?

8 Likes

“[Putin] just wants back what was his.”

So if King Charles sends an invasion force to New England we should just let him have it?

14 Likes

We all know that trump appointed Judge Aileen Cannon, presiding over trump’s classified documents theft trial, is in-the-tank for trump and would be awarded an appointment to the Supreme Court etc. But the direct Clarence_Thomas-esque pay-off was always a bit unclear (“she’s doing it for future pay-off, maybe?”) well, now this, from Propublica:

Judge Aileen Cannon Failed to Disclose a Right-Wing Junket

Cannon, whose oversight of the Donald Trump classified documents case has garnered widespread criticism, has repeatedly violated a rule requiring that federal judges disclose their attendance at private seminars.

Cannon went to an event in Arlington, Va. honoring the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, according to documents obtained from the Law and Economics Center at George Mason University. At a lecture and private dinner, she sat among members of Scalia’s family, fellow Federalist Society members and more than 30 conservative federal judges. Organizers billed the event as “an excellent opportunity to connect with judicial colleagues.”

A 2006 rule, intended to shine a light on judges’ attendance at paid seminars that could pose conflicts or influence decisions, requires them to file disclosure forms for such trips within 30 days and make them public on the court’s website.

It’s not the first time she has failed to fully comply with the rule.

In 2021 and 2022, Cannon took weeklong trips to the luxurious Sage Lodge in Pray, Montana, for legal colloquiums sponsored by George Mason, which named its law school for Scalia thanks to $30 million in gifts that conservative judicial kingmaker Leonard Leo helped organize.

aaah an “independent” judiciary…

16 Likes

“It would be an extreme strain on our resources. So it’d be fine with me if they decided not to make that visit,” Springfield Mayor Rob Rue said during a news conference at City Hall on Tuesday.

15 Likes

Marge is urging everyone to register to vote but instead of sending people to her state’s website to register online she’s sending them to some guy’s website where they sign you up for his texts and emails.

Weird.

12 Likes