Elections 2023 and 2024

Translation:

“PLEASE DO NOT COME HERE: YOU WILL ONLY MAKE IT EVEN WORSE.”

16 Likes

15 Likes

Opinion: Every time JD Vance tells a story, a sinkhole swallows 30 people

By Alexandra Petri, Washington Post

This is the story I must tell to raise awareness.

“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do.” — Republican vice-presidential nominee JD Vance

Every time JD Vance opens his mouth, a sinkhole opens and swallows 30 people whole. I haven’t seen the people myself, but I know that something like this is happening. I keep getting calls from all kinds of people, all of them frantic, begging me to do anything I can to keep this story out there. I never get their names; it seems rude to inquire too minutely at such a stressful moment.

I think this is my duty. If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the volume of sinkholes opened daily by the words of JD Vance, then, by God, I will invent them. Some of the details might not be exactly accurate. The part about the sinkhole, or the number of people who fall into it. But I know that JD Vance opens his mouth and bad things follow, and it is my responsibility to make a story about that.

Didn’t one box. More at:
https://wapo.st/47xigYP

11 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/18/us/politics/republican-officials-harris-endorsement.html

Defense & national security.

16 Likes

A shining moment for the Wharton School of Economics. Keep up the good werk you assholes!

At a Trumpy rally yesterday

Q: How are you going to bring down the cost of food and groceries?

Trump: We allow a lot of farm product into our country. We’re not going to allow so much to come in.

15 Likes

He’s taking questions at rallies now?

12 Likes

That answer should put an end to that. The source is a video provided by the Harris/Walz campaign on the former bird site that will not be named.

7 Likes

It was alleged to be an ‘economic forum’. So full of lies, the president of the UAW made a rebuttal video shortly after.

Local news claims both events (45’s and Vance’s) were packed venues. I’m not familiar with either venue, no panning of crowds were shown, 45 has a history of paying people to show up and the ownership of the TV station I was watching is Scripts. I take the claim the venues were “packed” with a block of salt.

15 Likes

That must be how Cuba has cemented its status as a land of abundance.

9 Likes
16 Likes
12 Likes

At least some of the packages were signed by the “United States Traitor Elimination Army,” according to a copy of a letter sent to members of the Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing and Analysis Center obtained by ABC News.

computer rage GIF

14 Likes

I wish they’d make up their mind. Is it same day voting only or not?

11 Likes

They run with nonsense before even the basic of fact checking.

15 Likes
16 Likes

I bet the actor doesn’t include that gig on their IMDb bio page.

8 Likes

and uh here in case something something late stage capitalism paywalls something:

12 Likes

Thanks, but my link was a gift article. It should work for everyone.

4 Likes
12 Likes

Oh, WaPo is doing this thing where readers of gift articles have to provide an email address in order to read it. Once you do that, they spam your email claiming that you subscribed to their marketing emails.

17 Likes