Elections 2023 and 2024

That’s shitty. I didn’t realize that.

5 Likes

In an emergency petition filed with the court, Richer, a Republican who has defended the county’s election systems from critics like former President Donald Trump, argues the 98,000 voters should only be allowed to vote in federal elections unless they provide proof of citizenship by Election Day.

Anybody in AZ needs to verify their info stat.

15 Likes

Perhaps that’s why it quit oneboxing here? While I want to support what is, effectively, the only local paper (I mean, really, the Times?), and it seemed all but necessary after November 2016, I have less and less tumescence for keeping my own subscription.

4 Likes

“No endorsement” is probably the best scenario given that internal polling showed most members support Trump for some goddamned reason. More chickens planning to vote for Colonel Sanders.

12 Likes

In the spring the internal polling was basically flipped 44 to 36 in Biden’s favor. It’s either racism or sexism.

21 Likes

[Both gif]

18 Likes

giphy-3619755698

13 Likes

Brainspore beat me to it; have an apt gif:

15 Likes

Thanks and I did see the article, but it appears on my (rather old laptop) somewhat truncated. The last visible word in the article I can see is “moment.”

It may well be some issue on my end. I am not ungrateful and I did laugh out loud when I read your post. It was a good way to start my day.

12 Likes

Wasn’t she once a respected journalist?

MARIA BARTIROMO (ANCHOR): Don’t you find it ironic, Miranda, that once again they take that same strategy out and that is change the conversation. The timing of the P. Diddy arrest, please, they must have had the P. Diddy arrest on the shelf waiting to take it off the shelf for when they needed it. And yesterday, boy oh boy did they need it because the questions were spiking everywhere as far as how it is possible that another assassination attempt happened, that another would be assassin was within a couple of hundred yards of President Trump. As we’re all asking these questions, boom, they take P. Diddy in and now we’re all talking about that, take it off the front page. This strategy over and over again, I saw right through it as soon as it happened.

13 Likes

Wow, news kept happening afterward? That is strange. It’s ok, though, there was enough time to figure out the answer…it was possible because America is so drenched in guns that it’s impossible to tell the difference between an assassination attempt and someone taking their AR-15 for a walk until they open fire.

16 Likes

the thing that gets me is, that’s exactly what the media should be doing.

the sanewashing makes it seem damage isnt being done whenever vance or ■■■■■ open their mouths, but the truth is they’re causing damage with everything they do – and much of the media treat it as normal

for example, never “lies” about migrants, but nearly always something like “unsubstantiated rumors”. they should be calling them lies, but they don’t. they’re pretending the sinkholes don’t exist

10 Likes
12 Likes

I always knew her as Russian shill / getting kompromat on GOP. I don’t ever recall her being respected.

Edit: I was thinking Maria Butina

3 Likes
14 Likes

LOL, everyone stop making news so we can focus on which guy who shouldn’t have access to high powered weapons is shooting at Trumpy today.

You know why most Presidents could play golf without getting shot at? It is because they played at military golf courses or congressional with no easy access to the general public. Mar-a-largo is open on all sides. The 30 arces are all open for whoever wants to wander on.

If the Trumpy bozo listened to his secret service detail, he’d be much safer, but no. Only he knows what is best.

6 Likes

She used to be a business reporter on CNBC. I don’t remember her ever doing straight news reporting, but I do remember the demeaning “money honey” nickname she acquired. Now she voluntarily demeans herself on Fox.

6 Likes

Aha! Case of mistaken identity.

I was thinking Maria Butina

3 Likes

Oh now it’s a couple hundred yards? Next they will be saying that the guy ran up to Trump, bullets flying from his gun, shouting “vote Kamala” while Trump bravely stood there, those bullets too scared to get near him.

We still don’t know shit — for all we know that guy was lying in wait to protect Trump from the gators or something. We really don’t know anything about motives and intentions but it won’t stop Trump’s minions from spinning it as something else. And regardless, nothing even happened. Trump was not in danger and his secret service detail did their job.

15 Likes

15 Likes