Elections 2023 and 2024

9 Likes

:thinking:

10 Likes

For folks who canā€™t help but obsess over polling numbers (myself included):
The presidential race in Michigan (as in most states) is far too close for comfort and may well be within the margin of error. But polling that describes Harris as being ā€œunderwaterā€ in Michigan would be an outlier when compared to the polling averages of other pollsters. So take from that what you will.

10 Likes
19 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

11 Likes

Shoot, now Iā€™m thinking about how many mail-in ballots may have been destroyed due to flooding while they were in mailboxes or whatever.

11 Likes
5 Likes

I am double-plus not-loving Peter Thielā€™s long game here.

Ugh.

11 Likes

20 Likes

Looks like the counties that are hit worst by the flood and thus most likely to be disenfranchised are disproportionately Republican areas in a battleground state.

I donā€™t want any voters to be disenfranchisedā€”even awful onesā€”but this may turn out to be another case of the GOPā€™s hostility toward mail-in voting coming back to bite them in the butt.

14 Likes

Buncombe is pretty blue and is likely one of the hardest hit areasā€¦ Asheville is a very lefty little town.

But much of the rest of western NC is pretty red and rural.

13 Likes
16 Likes

Surprised The Shock GIF by The Bachelorette

9 Likes

Yeah no question lots of progressives are going to be disenfranchised along with the rest. Still likely a net loss for the GOP though.

Wolf posted a follow-up with a link to an interactive map of the region.

9 Likes

Carrie came across a Facebook post stating along the lines of ā€œAshville is way too woke. The flooding may be bad, but you have to flush to get rid of the shit.ā€ Empathy is not a strong point for these assholes.

21 Likes

Well, I suppose thatā€™s better than the crybabies in the Greater Idaho movement who are too lazy to move themselves and want the border to move for them. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

I have family in Asheville. When a North Carolina politician declared the town a ā€œcesspool of sinā€ my relatives, and a lot of the residents, took great pride in being called that. Iā€™m sure you know all this but Iā€™m glad you reminded me of it.

Untitled

22 Likes

I hear that Russia will treat them like Kings & Queens!

9 Likes

They were trying to go after a single electoral vote in nebraskaā€¦ in these swing states (counties, districts, etc) every vote counts.

Are they all safe?

13 Likes
14 Likes