Elections 2023 and 2024

5 Likes

Elections matter. Voting out those “Moms for Liberty” Nazis was a great victory.

“ New Central Bucks school board has authorized a legal challenge of the former superintendent’s $700,000 payout

The Democrat-led board also voted to suspend the library and advocacy policies, as well as a policy banning transgender students from participating in sports aligned with their gender identities.”

6 Likes

This discussion on the proposed congressional maps sure make me think that some in the GOP are just out to get Rep. McBath…

A direct link to the episode in question…

2 Likes

https://archive.ph/ls68X

While I respect her actions during and after the barely failed coup attempt; I would never want a president Cheney. The question is - would this hurt Biden or Trump more.

And - would this derail Black Lung Joe?

3 Likes

I don’t know NC politics. Any chance of this one flipping?

3 Likes

Seal Of Approval Thumbs Up GIF

I wish it would stick!

3 Likes

Looks like Tuberville’s Republican colleagues finally got the memo that “holding up all military promotions for nearly a year” wasn’t really doing a great job selling the “Republicans are the party of the armed forces!” narrative.

6 Likes

A friend just sent this hopeful stat.

13 Likes

at first that seemed like bad news, but yeah: basically fewer young republicans want to vote? sounds good by me. ( kind of curious how party affiliation is doing amongst the kids these days )

7 Likes

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
Given how heavily the under-30 crowd is breaking blue, the 66% represents a pretty huge raw number, i would think.

ETA looked it up

7 Likes

maybe the people from 2018 aged up into the next group? :thinking:

it’s good to hear 2024 might have that kind of split again. too much of the world they’re coming into has been broken by conservative and capitalist policies. it’d be hard to understand anyone wanting to embrace that

4 Likes

Real or not?

3 Likes

It’s been reported elsewhere.

4 Likes

I can’t decide if statements like this are helpful but he’s not wrong when he says “we can’t let him win”.

1 Like

It casts him as the somewhat reluctant person trying to keep things moving forward, as opposed to the ranting and raving egomaniac who wants power to punish his enemies. :woman_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

Looks like McCarthy decided to make things even more interesting for his successor by shrinking the GOP majority in the House even further:

5 Likes

The questions are at the end:

8 Likes

4 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes