Elections 2023 and 2024

“I’m more concerned about Trump domestically,” West said. “I’m more concerned about Biden in terms of foreign policy.”

I cannot take anything this man says seriously if he means this. This statement is idiotic and dangerous…

Perhaps Biden has not been great but trump was disastrous on another level.

I cannot imagine a worse president than trump at foreign policy and I would never vote to put some one in office who was more comfortable with trump’s foreign policy than biden’s.

6 Likes

Biden’s foreign policy has been an unmitigated disaster… for Putin.

7 Likes

“County elections offices have full jurisdiction to qualify candidates for the ballot. The Secretary of State simply has a ministerial duty to certify the candidate lists and include all qualified candidates.”

I’m qualified as a candidate for Congress,” he said. “The secretary of state doesn’t have the authority to determine election outcomes. The voters deserve that choice.

1 Like

Brother Cornell and others on the left have somehow come to believe that the isolationism that Trump has pushed is somehow a real, good faith embrace of anti-imperialism. It’s bizarre that they’d take his word for it, or that the imperialism of Russia is somehow less problematic than the US… Like, opposing the US is not the only metric for the left lining up behind someone, or at least it shouldn’t be.

Exactly!

8 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

Good job:

Minnesota was among more than a dozen states that considered restoring voting rights for felons this year. Advocates for the change argued that disenfranchising them disproportionately affects people of color because of biases in the legal system. An estimated 55,000 Minnesotans regained the right to vote because of the change.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Goldman Sachs’ chief economist says ‘The Great Disinflation’ is under way—and he expects 3 back-to-back interest rate cuts by summer

Assuming his prediction is valid- that’s a real plus for Biden in the run up to the election.

7 Likes

Good to hear, but if you don’t mind/have time – I’m wondering, how so? What effects do you think that will have that a lot of people will perceive and appreciate?

2 Likes

It would mean there won’t be a recession. And that financing costs would go down. Lower mortgage rates. Supposedly lower inflation.

A good economy going into the election vs a recession.

6 Likes

Yeah, makes sense. Fingers crossed for such things being appreciable to a lot of voters.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Wait, you mean to say they didn’t just stop their largely successful years-long effort to disrupt American elections all of a sudden? Color me shocked!

10 Likes

My teevee says the Colorado Supreme Court has disqualified Trump from the ballot!

Edit:

6 Likes

Woo hoo!

So since it’s the state’s Supreme Court, that means no appeals?

4 Likes

Traitor gets a big lump of coal in his stocking :rofl:

4 Likes

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Now do Arizona, Georgia, DC, etc!!!

10 Likes

Oh wait, having now RTFA:

The ruling will be placed on hold pending appeal until January 4.

The state Supreme Court decision only applies to Colorado but the historic ruling will roil the 2024 presidential campaign. It tees up an appeal to the US Supreme Court, which could settle the matter for the entire nation.

Hmmmm…

12 Likes

So basically, a bunch of maniacs are going to try to stir up shit that day in that city

4 Likes

Exactly.

Republicans: states should absolutely be able to determine their own elections!

Also Republicans: Not that way!!!

7 Likes