Elections 2023 and 2024

Desperate little pick me man.

IMG_1618

4 Likes

Angry Stacey Abrams GIF by OneGeorgia

2 Likes

6 Likes

yeah, I looked, and I did not find any other source to back that particular claim up…

7 Likes

Sorting people into arbitrarily designated “generations” has always been a sloppy journalistic practice but this is even dumber than usual.

Why not just drop the labels, sort voter data into 10-year age groups (18-27, 28-37 etc.) and leave the poorly sourced anecdotal analysis out of it entirely?

5 Likes

The labels are bad, the research is bad, the effects on society are bad… Pseudoscience and bunk.

9 Likes

Here we go again with the polls…

How the Survey was Conducted
Nature of the Sample: NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll of 1,259 National Adults

:roll_eyes:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3950550-the-truth-about-nprs-funding-and-its-possible-future/

The revenue from corporate sponsorships appears on page 13, and a list of corporate sponsors appears on pages 19 and 20 of this report:

2 Likes

… surely you don’t mean to imply that “disapproval of Biden” may not be the same thing as “conservatism” /s

7 Likes

they also cited a professor saying gen x is “the most republican generation.”

of course, that person also wrote books called the “narcissism epidemic” and “generation me” - which to me indicates a very… particular… view of the world

8 Likes

The Democrats really dropped the ball by not getting ahead of this thing and ejecting Senator Menendez from office over his various scandals months ago, if not years ago. Maybe this one will finally be the thing that prompts them into “doing the doing bare minimum to hold their own accountable” territory.

If anything Menendez’s crimes are more serious than the ones that got George Santos kicked out of office. C’mon folks, how embarassing would it be to let the GOP legislators look like the comparatively principled ones?

4 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah, it looks like the two things that are hurting Biden the most among young progressives are his unconditional support for Israel’s brutal treatment of Palestinians (bad, but essentially no different than the Republican position) and his reluctance to talk about abortion (likely because he is an elderly Catholic who isn’t really comfortable about it even if he supports safe & legal abortion access).

Gonna be a long and nerve-racking year.

7 Likes

I strongly suspect he is tacitly anti-choice and pays only the faintest lip service due to political savvy.

3 Likes

He took some heat that was important to him.

They tried to get him excommunicated too.

6 Likes

Wow… That’s actually pretty interesting.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Go away you schmucks.

6 Likes
3 Likes