Elections 2023 and 2024

1 Like

any idea if the pool of likely republican voters is increasing or deceasing? the 7th name on there is, perhaps, none of the above

5 Likes

I’m wondering how far 45’s numbers will drop right after he’s forced to show up at a debate.

Stock Market Nft GIF by Pudgy Penguins

2 Likes

And exactly how does that happen? The RNC has already pulled out of debates.

3 Likes

With his ego, all Nikki Haley has to do is keep accusing him of hiding, asking publicly why he’s afraid to face her, and wondering aloud if people think he looks tired. Bonus point for making :chicken: clucking sounds whenever his name comes up. :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

Dr Who is always applicable.

6 Likes

Of course his advisors will tell him not to debate…which will ensure he does.

5 Likes
5 Likes

… the UK press are still doing that

BBC presenter James Naughtie claims Nicola Sturgeon is 'looking tired' | The National

6 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/05/politics/supreme-court-trump-colorado-14th-amendment-insurrectionist-clause/index.html

CNN

The US Supreme Court said Friday it will review the Colorado Supreme Court’s unprecedented decision removing former President Donald Trump from that state’s ballot.

The court scheduled oral arguments for February 8.

10 Likes

I just saw that. And so it begins. Everybody, cross your fingers, burn some sage, say a prayer, think good thoughts, send positive vibes into the ether, do whatever you do. I’m not superstitious, but I’m willing to try almost anything to get the Court to declare Trump ineligible. I’m not to the goat sacrificing stage yet, but just about anything short of that, I’m willing to try.

13 Likes

Probably good to tackle it now for the primary. If they uphold it, then it’s open season to remove him from the general election. If they don’t, and it’s because it’s a primary ballot, then that could lay the groundwork for successful removals from the general election ballot.

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

8 Likes

goat GIF

7 Likes

“On January 6th, I defended our democracy from insurrectionists as a Capitol Police Officer. After, President Biden honored me with the Presidential Citizens Medal,” Dunn wrote. “Today, I’m running for Congress to stop Trump’s MAGA extremists & ensure it never happens again.”

“I don’t think it’s farfetched to say that we are one election cycle away from extinction of democracy as we know it today,” Dunn said in the AP interview.

4 Likes
1 Like

If I asked “Can Trump go any lower?” one answer is “he’s a bottomless pit.”

ETA: The 6th grader in me suggests that Biden tell Trump, “I’d cut you down lower, but diarrhea don’t slice.”

3 Likes

What “lower”? He’s already got form here.

6 Likes

I know, I mean now it’s that, and it’s his opponent.

3 Likes

re: Gas prices fall under 3 bucks a gallon at majority of U.S. stations

Where are these so-called majority gas stations? Because I sure as hell don’t see them around here.

2 Likes

i was wondering that too. if you subtract a dollar, that’ll get it there it seems.

( personally, i think right before election day: biden should dump the whole national reserve onto the market. take 2 off the current number, and he’ll win a goram landslide. )

4 Likes