Elections 2023 and 2024

This!

4 Likes

It takes a fire hose of money to keep a national campaign going. It’s not just a matter of her personal resolve, it’s a matter of whether she will be able to convince any more rich donors to keep throwing money at such a long-shot.

3 Likes

To run an effective campaign, yes. To keep her name on the ballot? Probably not as much money. I know it’s unlikely, but if SCOTUS upholds the Colorado Supreme Court decision, that allows Maine to keep Trump off the ballot, and a bunch of other states will follow suit, and Haley is suddenly back in the running. Unlikely, but possible.

9 Likes

She could always reassert her candidacy later even if she put it on hiatus pending Trump’s hypothetical disqualification.

3 Likes

Yeah, but I would imagine if that happens, we’ll see a bunch of people trying to jump back in the race, and she might have a leg up if she stays in it for now? Who knows. It’s all hypothetical anyway. SCOTUS probably isn’t going to uphold that decision.

4 Likes

It would be smart for her to continue- and might make sense for some funders to hedge their bets. Even if only anonymously through superpacs.

If Trump can’t run - the delegates are free to vote as they wish. If she already has a good amount of delegates it heads off others trying to jump back in. And makes her look like the safe harbor.

8 Likes

Jinx!

4 Likes

If the first two primaries have taught us anything, it’s that a lot of people (and Haley especially) underestimated the depth and extent of the rot on the Republican Party, which we might as well just call the Trump Party at this point.

4 Likes

at this point it seems de santis’s ace would have been to come out and say that he had helped to torture people in guantanamo :confused:

i do wonder if this means the gop is done. either they lose and there’s no one left to take ■■■■■’s place. or they win, and political parties are irrelevant because elections are irrelevant

3 Likes

Going by the tables published by the Social Security Administration, a 77 year old American man has a 4.9152% chance of dying within 1year. So roughly 3.7% before the election

5 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

some local election fuckery for 2024…

Translation… white people in Gwinnett are mad that their county is more diverse and getting more Democratic… Move to Barrow or Walton, dipshits.

7 Likes

Mulberry? Was Mayberry too obvious?

4 Likes

Probably… These “concerned citizen” now in the northern part of the county are also why we got yet more redistricting in our county… :roll_eyes: I’ve lived in the same house for the past 17 years, and in the past 6 or so years, I’ve been in 3 different congressional districts…

Also, I think the GOP has it out for Lucy McBath, because they keep going after her districts specifically…

Georgia We Are Better Than This GIF by GIPHY News

Haters gonna hate, I guess…

9 Likes

Have they thought about becoming part of Idaho? /s

4 Likes

You Got Me GIF by HULU

They are welcome to go there, if they like… No one is stopping them.

See Ya Goodbye GIF by NailedIt

7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like