Elections 2023 and 2024

Still more likely to split the fascist vote between fascists and fascist-lite. Hogan isn’t as bad as 98% of Republican politicians, which puts him firmly in Ernst Rohm territory…

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Fucking teamsters…

5 Likes

Robert Reich on 45 (and GOP) tactics:

3 Likes

We were inside the infamous Cobo Hall today where the democrats stole the election by shipping in illegal ballots in the middle of the night and then kicking out the republican poll watchers.

They’re not even trying to hide their plan to cheat, they’re actually having seminars.

My wife pointed out they’re even using blue signs.

1 Like

Wait?!..Are we calling it Cobo again? I seriously can’t keep up with the name changes.

For those outside SE Michigan, this is where The Auto Show and lots of music concerts have happened for 40-ish years in downtown Detroit.

3 Likes

It’s will always be Cobo and Pine Knob will always be Pine Knob, although, they finally renamed Pine Knob back to Pine Knob.

2 Likes

And The State will never be the fillmore!

Old school Detroit, FTW!

5 Likes

This going too far off topic so I’ll stop after this…

Harpos just went up for sale so I suspect that legend is done for.

And Miller’s Bar also just sold so I don’t have high hopes for it but we shall see.

1 Like
7 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes
7 Likes

Not applicable to these elections, but hopefully sometime soon.

A Self-Enforcing Protocol to Solve Gerrymandering

4 Likes
6 Likes

That doesn’t quite match the insistent narrative from some people that the Democrats should go for someone - anyone - else than Biden. (Neither did the NH primary result.)

I had to look it up on Wikipedia (2024 Dem primaries and 2020 Dem primaries), but apparently there were 539k votes in total in the SC primary in 2020, and only 126k votes in 2024.

This is not surprising to me; there is no even halfway serious or plausible challenger for Biden, which is equally unsurprising. No party is going to run a serious internal challenge against an incumbent president of their own party, unless there’s something very unusual going on.

I expect this will do nothing to stop the people who imagine, or pretend, that Marianne Williamson is a serious candidate, though.

2 Likes

Hey now, be careful not to hurt Dean Phillips’ feelings. He spent at least $4M of his own money on the primary campaign so far and it really must sting that most people still have no idea who he is. (And those that do know mostly don’t like him)

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/01/dean-phillips-2024-biden-democrats-fundraising

4 Likes

What an attention seeking asshole.

6 Likes