Elections 2023 and 2024

He’s very impressed with himself. Loaned his campaign $4million & donated his campaign $1million. Probably the vast majority of his funding.

80% of Dean Phillips’ Q4 presidential fundraising was from his own wallet

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/01/dean-phillips-2024-biden-democrats-fundraising

If you loan your campaign millions you shouldn’t be allowed to forgive the loan and take it off your taxes as a loss.

Also - I’m never buying any Talenti Gelato- his biz.

6 Likes

I don’t buy that those three were chosen for that interview because they won in Republican strongholds. First of all, conveniently, those three are currently the three co-chairs of the Blue Dog Coalition (moderate to right leaning Democrats) in the House. Second, Maine and Washington aren’t exactly MAGA-red states. Yes, those districts those two were elected from lean Republican, but those mostly are not like strongly red districts in Texas or Florida. Third, Golden won because Maine went to ranked choice voting in 2022. He came in 2nd to the MAGA Republican on the first ballot, but no one had a majority, so when they dropped the bottom candidates and counted their 2nd and 3rd choices, Golden won. That says more about ranked choice voting than it does about Golden’s strategy and approach. Fourth, Peltola also won in a ranked choice election in Alaska that also had nonpartisan primaries, and her main opponent was Sarah Palin. Fifth, Perez won in Washington in another nonpartisan primary election (no ranked choice, though), and her opponent was a far right MAGA Republican. Their victories say more about election reform and how much reasonable people are done with Trump and his ilk than it does about them, their policy positions, and their election strategies. Frankly, any reasonable Democratic candidate was probably going to win those three seats.

5 Likes

Nikki Haley came in 2nd in the non-binding Nevada primary, which isn’t surprising. But Trump didn’t come in first because he wasn’t on the ballot. So who best Haley? “None of these candidates” got 63.2%.

5 Likes

Authoritarian curious? Perhaps travel could be arranged for them to go to any number of authoritarian countries. Permanently.

2 Likes

If you let someone be a dictator for a day, you’re letting them be a dictator as long as they want to.

I’m not sure if the GOP voters are so goddamn stupid that they don’t understand this, or if they want a dictatorship.

6 Likes

This one. They seem to actually believe that said dictator would establish them as the top of the food chain, as God intended, of course. Cannot seem to convince them that it would be the ultra rich at the top, and everybody else is just food.

11 Likes

if you give a mouse a cookie, he’ll want a glass of milk.
if you give a dictator Sudentenland, he’ll want Poland as well.
if you give a dictator a day

11 Likes

You beat me to replying. Republicans want a christofascist patriarchal ethnostate. They’ll get some of what they want if they succeed, but yeah, it’ll be billionaires running the show and everyone who is not rich enough will be relegated to the status of property. Because Feudalism 2.0 is what the billionaires want.

7 Likes

7 Likes

He looks tired.

6 Likes

That forehead has to weigh a lot…

3 Likes

He looks so much like a young Nixon.

3 Likes

You think Marge has a tattoo of Matt’s face on her back?

4 Likes

Maybe lower.

1 Like

Minus the trustworthiness and tolerance for his fellow human beings.

4 Likes

Anywoo…

9 Likes

Soon to show up on “No Labels”?

2 Likes

Vermin Supreme is still an option.

3 Likes

i see what you did there cas GIF

8 Likes