Elections 2023 and 2024

I would argue there were 2 main reasons:

• She was elected on a platform of police reform, but almost immediately seemed to get in bed with them. Instead of reform, they got more money, more protections, and the right to continue doing incredibly illegal and dangerous things to the citizens of Chicago;

• She was constantly undermined (and who knows how much worse was happening in secret?) due to a combination of racism, sexism, AND anti-gay bigotry.

11 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes

Tsk tsk. She should’ve got the 2 shots.

10 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes

Cbs Rochelle GIF by HULU

8 Likes

Trump is a weaker candidate than when he lost last time. I hope that’s enough.

8 Likes

Yep!

16 Likes
7 Likes

As usual, Hogan showing more sense than most of his colleagues (it’s a low bar). Who would want to be “leader” of that chaotic evil horde?

11 Likes

Exactly.

He probably wasn’t polling crazy enough.

7 Likes

Haven’t read the link but I’d think common sense might play a part, in terms of knowing he has basically no chance of winning? I mean, I’ve never even heard of him.

7 Likes

Hogan might be the very model of a “semi-sane Republican.” For a while, it was a contest between him and DeWine in Ohio, but the East Palestine rail disaster has shown DeWine to be just as batshit as the others, he’s just quieter about it.

10 Likes

This is what makes me nervous about Youngkin in Virginia, too. They seem perfectly reasonable while promoting and passing oppressive laws and policies.

10 Likes

Youngkin tried to position himself that way but he’s definitely said and done full MAGAt stuff. Enough to put it on a 5-minute loop for anyone who somehow thinks he’s “moderate.”

11 Likes

would sink Biden in 2024

Washington Examiner?

Where’s my handy grain of salt…

11 Likes

14 Likes

Lordy, this is so true. He keeps trying to very quietly out DeSantis DeSantis. Anyone who considers him anything other than full-blown MAGAt is just not paying attention.

8 Likes

Fortunately the Dem controlled Senate is keeping Youngkin in check so far…

6 Likes