Elections 2023 and 2024

8 Likes

Good.
The sooner NoLabels dies an ignominous death and is forgotten, the better.

13 Likes

Do mere single digit billionaires even count for much these days?
I kinda picture them having to sit at the side table in the far corner next to the doors to the facilities and the servant’s entrance in the billionaire clubhouse.

6 Likes

Spoken like a jealous millionaire. :wink:

9 Likes

:face_with_monocle:Oh, the horror of hosting hoi polloi at the Brunch for Billionaires…

episode 8 hello GIF

:rofl:

11 Likes

My brother is once again attending Bezos-fest. I told him to tell the gazillionaires “hi” for me. He said he would if there was time as they hunted him through the woods. I hope he was joking…

12 Likes

Is your brother this year’s greased-up guy?

8 Likes

Guess so. They invite a certain number of authors and artsy types, I guess to liven up the place. He’s a long-distance runner, so I have hopes he’ll make it through.

13 Likes

283c538a-1e89-4d9e-9055-84012120c54b_text

11 Likes

Something tells me Shanahan isn’t going to help RFK Jr. win over a lot of progressive voters with her views on reproductive freedom:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/28/robert-f-kennedy-vice-president-nicole-shanahan-ivf-00149523

She’s a longtime donor for Democratic politicians but on the issue of IVF she’s somehow managed to take a worse position than Trump, just as RFK Jr. has with vaccines.

8 Likes

8 Likes

How is it, after all these years, I still remember that scene like I just saw it?

6 Likes

Peter Falk was that good.

7 Likes

Brave guy. Damn. I really respect him for doing this.

7 Likes

Yeah, her position is really weird and self-contradictory.

So the fertility clinic told her (a very wealthy woman) that it wasn’t the right treatment for her, but she’s also complaining that they’re too incentivized to offer the treatment to everyone?

When I had first heard that she had created a foundation explicitly dedicated to “women’s reproductive longevity research” I had thought that maybe she was trying to make IVF more accessible to ordinary people, not less. Just weird.

8 Likes

Sounds like a case of “if IVF couldn’t help me then I don’t want it to help anyone.”

10 Likes
10 Likes

Makes sense, sadly.

“The positions often entail significant time commitments, do not provide much if any monetary compensation, and subject people to complaints, criticism, and even harassment,” Burden told The Post-Crescent.

In this day and age running for elected office, especially in a red district, is basically turning yourself into a target for MAGA/Qanon nuts. How many people want to put themselves ad their families through that for a part-time gig that barely pays?

10 Likes
10 Likes

18 Likes