Evidently, Ted Cruz has to show his ID to buy a cheeseburger

All we have in Western Colorado is Whatabotulism burgers.

8 Likes

Come to Quebec and buy some weed at the SQDC. I’m 63 and not likely to be confused with a 16 year old and I get carded every time I go there.

Makes me feel young again. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I very recently voted in Texas and was asked for my ID at the poll. I think I always have been asked for it when voting in Texas. I wonder what these folks are on about, sometimes.

Clearly, he’s trying to secure the HamBurglar vote.

5 Likes

Like he would be welcomed in NYC?

7 Likes

The issue has never been that ID is being asked for, the issue has always been what form of ID (and also the number of polling places in large population centers). Your statement is dishonest in its omission.

2 Likes

True, but I was speaking about his id (id, ego, super-ego), not his ID or his i.d.

8 Likes

I think that’s somewhat backwards. People got used to the idea of politicians fibbing decades (or perhaps centuries) ago. So when one came along who was literally incapable of telling the truth, they didn’t bat an eyelash.

2 Likes

I had to show my ID to eat a cheeseburger indoors yesterday. I was asked for my ID and COVID vaccine docs as a condition of eating indoors.

this is probably what Cruz is referring to.

1 Like

“Hi, is that Central Casting? I’d like to hire half a dozen “General Mooks”. They’ll be playing the part of Ted Cruz’s Window Dressing. They’d better be willing to work for Exposure.”

11 Likes

Perhaps, but his actual words were “to buy a cheeseburger” and not “to dine indoors during a pandemic”. We all know what this BSing scumbag is up to and don’t need to extend him the benefit of the doubt.

CHUDs-R-Us.

10 Likes

Contamination Hazard Urban Disposal? :thinking: :laughing:

3 Likes

you know, i was thinking about it, and i’m not sure I want to defend this guy…

so i won’t!

7 Likes

Chud libelz

6 Likes

I didn’t even read this as something about vaccination cards, but some kind of “commie liberal vegan conspiracy plot” where they’re going to take away your ALL AMERICAN beef and replace it with soybeans if you don’t have some kind of secret Jewish cabal membership card that proves you’re one of the lizardmen. I never know whether Republicans are doing “indignant Karen” or full-on “tin foil hat to protect against the mind rays from the Hollow Earth” these days.

7 Likes

That might have once been true, but he’s gone full-Trump in recent years. And in this case, he’s riffing off existing Republican rhetoric, which wasn’t based on anything real… But more than that, he’s not even hinting at any actual situation that requires ID because it’s all about creating a fantasy that ID is always required for everything, anyways. So the claim isn’t based roughly on the truth to some degree, the truth is actually irrelevant for his purposes.

But he’s also clearly riffing on some utter nonsense from Trump (and others), which wasn’t about covid measures, but a vague claim about needing ID to do anything. They carefully don’t talk about the specific contexts where that might be true, because they don’t want to admit it is only in specific contexts, but instead claim a ubiquitous need for government ID that doesn’t exist to support their voter suppression efforts.

5 Likes

Gimme a double Bourbon cheeseburger, hold the cheeseburger.

7 Likes

Oh, any chance of his being an ‘old school Republican’ dried up and blew away following his attempt to stand up to Trump prior to his inauguration. He, rightly, called him a threat to the Republican Party and the US… then was working phone banks for him, what, 2 months later?
He positioned himself to be the vulture that profited when Trump stumbled and then re-cast himself immediately when it didn’t come to fruition.

5 Likes

“I have never been asked to show ID to buy a cheeseburger”
You don’t live in Teabillistan.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.
I don’t think his id is his problem, since I haven’t seen him melt down like a typical toddler [or a Ken or Karen] when his ambitions are thwarted. From my limited understanding, the superego counts for whatever concience & morals he has, & that is an ugly place.

So, looks like Cancun Cruz is going after the Trucker Vote.
Apparently they don’t care that he’s never done an honest days’ work in his life.

Misread that as ‘choad’ at first. Still fits.

4 Likes