FedEx driver screamed and cursed at by racist driveway owner while delivering a package to his house

I agree. They tend to think in terms of “Me the people” instead of “We the people”. Societal obligations are such a bummer.

Oh, and then they complain that society is breaking down.

10 Likes

Almost always glad to see a new use for a trebuchet

9 Likes

Nope. If that’s his policy he needs to change it. Either let delivery people do their jobs or no one orders delivery to the house. Full stop. Get a damned PO box if the driveway is so sacred

17 Likes

From what I understand from our shipping manager, FedEx doesn’t deliver to a PO Box. His only real options are to pick it up at a local FedEx Office Print & Ship Center or have it delivered to a business/someone else’s home. (Although, I suspect he has no friends to help him with option 2.)

22 Likes

Ah, good point. Well then, he can stop using FedEx or arrange to pick up elsewhere. If he wants his driveway to remain pristine and racially pure :face_vomiting: then he needs to do the work to make it happen. Not harass some else trying to do their job

12 Likes

Always nice to see when someone quotes Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

8 Likes

It turned out that the package contained Driveway Tycoon’s Insulin; hilarity ensued.

6 Likes

12 Likes
3 Likes

i wonder how many racist idiots change how they behave because others don’t like it. have to think it is not that many.

2 Likes

You know the kind of validation that’s felt when a genuinely great person wins a high office? How the future seems just a fraction brighter and more possible?

Trump was that but for racism, greed, and other forms of stupidity.

We knew this would be the fallout. What’s the half-life on the ripple effects of a racist criminal bully president?

7 Likes

Social pressure and public shaming are very effective at changing behavior. Far more so than punishment, as it turns out.

8 Likes

Trebuchet: for when you really want to yeet something.

[“Yeet” makes me giggle every time I hear or read it. The kids are all right.]

11 Likes

That rings true…I’m thinking of 2009 for some reason ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure, have we ever had a president like Trump before?

3 Likes

When I got home today my light bulbs had been delivered in just two hours by Amazon. Same day deliveries are usually delivered by a guy in what appears to be his personal vehicle. Very nice guy, he’s delivered stuff to me at 5 am and late in the afternoon.

My neighbor felt the need to tell me that the driver was “dark” so he watched him carefully.

Wtf?

I shut him down every time but he still feels the need to make those remarks. Wtf?

I give these drivers credit for putting up with that crap but they shouldn’t have to, it is 2022.

14 Likes

Two driveways that led to two sheds…
confused monty python GIF

6 Likes

I’d assumed that they’re unionized; UPS is. As of 2020 they were not (not sure if it’s different across Freight or Ground, etc. – this article shows a FedEx Ground truck then mentions Freight in the article. And Express has unionized pilots. So… hmmmm)

4 Likes

I am beyond appalled that people like this still exist.

The Post Office can blacklist someone or an address if there is risk to the carriers, I hope FedEx has similar policies.

I have to wonder if he (the foul mouthed one) considers himself a “good Christian”. Seems to be a massively high correlation of such.

4 Likes

Yeet, hell. I’ma trebuchyeet that MF.

8 Likes

I am also quite fond of yeet. Here’s this one again, for a good giggle:

14 Likes