Florida teen apologies for grammatically incorrect sign that was also racist

The tricky thing about poor impulse control is that it’s vastly more or less vexing depending on the type and quality of the subject’s impulses.

4 Likes

Interesting. So this would only apply to language that was used speculatively?

2 Likes

I have very poor impulse control. My overriding impulse is to do nothing.

4 Likes

I don’t suppose I particularly care that much. Just generally finding something to read online between Buzzfeed and Atavist feels increasingly difficult with everything trending more and more toward the Buzzfeed end. I’m just over the internet in general I guess.

1 Like

I appreciate “completely [sic] joke” on so many levels…

3 Likes

Sigh. For fucks sake…

1 Like

My favorite bit in this gif? The tiny figure of Bugs jumping for joy on the SE corner of GA.

1 Like

See also the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon.

Bummer, dude.

And yet, here they are.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Ugh, yeah. Story of my life! :laughing:

5 Likes

Right in the middle of the Okefenokee, too! Watch out for gators, Bugs!

1 Like

Is it, though? There are some tools online I find really useful. But as a source of news, entertainment or socialization it’s really pretty much a shit show from stern to bow.

“You are the master of your own fate, and the captain of your own soul.”

Good day.

3 Likes

Not for long. The only reason I’m still here is because I’m getting email updates. Once this thread fizzles out I doubt you’ll see me around here again.

O.k., so what is it about this thread that keeps you here? Maybe the way it’s all becoming about you?

3 Likes

People keep replying to me? But thanks for reminding me how quickly people become dicks on the Internet. I’m out.

You get out whatever you put in.

FYI, you can disable email notifications in your profile settings.

Also, I didn’t notice it before, so this greeting is overdue:

Welcome to boing boing, comrade!

3 Likes