Former CIA chief shares his thoughts on UFOs

You are discounting the obvious here though, Brennan is definitely an alien.

4 Likes

If any of the answers to your questions were either yes or no, those answers would be immeasurably more realistic than concluding that an extraterrestrial being flew to Earth to piddle around in the atmosphere for a bit and we got lucky enough to catch it on film.

The only slightly more illogical and unsupported explanation you could jump to is that Jesus is flying his home-built experimental aircraft and messed up and got caught before starting Armegeddon.

1 Like

Then why hasn’t he declassified all of the Kennedy assassination stuff – which IMHO probably paints the CIA as having lost an agent (or having had a double agent on their hands they didn’t quite realize) who went a bit off the wall and killed the President (Oswald). Or a million other secret projects that would be things that Trump could use to hurt interests he sees as antagonistic to his ultimate power? I don’t think that argument holds up, frankly. Some programs you don’t just get access to, no matter who you are. Maybe if you already knew about them, but it would be much more difficult if you weren’t already on the inside of it all. Trump won’t even take intel briefings for goodness’ sake.

1 Like

To be certain, he must be dissected and examined, as must all of Donny Boy’s minions and relatives. When they show non-human characteristics, mass cleansing is needed. Assume that any humanoid entity consorting with The Orange One and his circle are Zeta Reticulans. Is vivisection the answer, or can they be deported to Belarus?

3 Likes

I do think it’s interesting that he’s introducing the idea that life may exist in vastly different forms than we’re primed to think (maybe even around us right now, but at scales and interacting in ways that we just don’t recognize).

To go on a tangent, this touches on something I like to consider (Star Trek touched on this, I take it a step further). I really don’t mean this in a woo-ey making-an-affirmative-claim kind of way - I’m not claiming untestable philosophy is science - but there’s no real reason NOT to think that conciousness MAY emerge or attach or in some way be associated with any system with sufficiently complicated interactions of matter and energy (I don’t mean auras or whatever, I mean kinetic, nuclear, biochemical, gravitational, etc). Something like the weather system of our planet could have this quality.

There’s also a “field theory” of conciousness, which isn’t really testable, but considers that “alive/not alive” may not be a discrete/binary label you can apply to any given point in space. There could even be recursive life - all of us or some of us could be parts of one or more larger living systems (and we consist largely of smaller/simpler life forms).

Now to get back to physical reality, it could be that certain people in power on this planet are aware of certain natural phenomenon (maybe arising locally) that demonstrate much more “lifelike” behaviors than the general public knows. I have no reason to believe this is true, but I would be interested to live in a world where it was.

2 Likes

Don’t forget however that Brennan is “the most talented liar in Washington”, so take whatever he says with an appropriate size grain of sodium chloride.

What’s he going to say, regarding UFOs, that he can be lying about? He knows nothing, by definition, about them.

Are any of the world’s scientists/astronomers looking into the most recent data? No? The most ambitious, ladder-climbing, yearning-for-recognition people in the world find nothing of interest? I’m satisfied (for now) there’s no there there.

2 Likes

You know, some of them do consider such possibilities, and analyze data in an open-minded way — not making any outlandish conclusions, but engaging in actual science and making hypothesis and seeing if gathered data might support them. This was one fairly recent high-profile example, but there are other actual scientists who are interested in and are pursuing this stuff.

I always wondered why aliens would want to visit Burgh Marsh. It’s cold and wet, and if you aren’t into birdwatching there’s nothing interesting there.

5 Likes

And without exception, when an answer has been found after evaluating all the evidence, it has never been “it’s aliens.”

3 Likes

Indeed. One does not gain reputation, tenure, lab funding, Nobel Prize etc by going along with suppression of data. One gains fame, wealth, sexual access etc by finding some hot new thing or theory, and doing so first. Cf Watson & Crick vs Pauling.

IMHO if advanced aliens had reached Terra, they’d have squashed or eaten or enslaved us. We’re still here, so there you have it.

The cow population is at a record high.

Which are the aliens – bovines or humans? We might even say that bovines have cultivated humans to increase bovine populations. Which are there more of?

I was responding to this

I don’t think that humans are secretly being used as a food source for alien visitors, just saying that we wouldn’t necessarily go extinct if we were. Probably the opposite.

While that is the closest you can get - with repeated testing - to proving a negative, the general form of this statement is true of anything undiscovered. The answer’s never been X, right up until it is.

I know, right? Everyone who’s made their homework knows Bournemouth is where it’s at.

2 Likes

There’s definitely more life at Bournemouth (the retirement capital of Britain).

I just remembered that there is something else at Burgh Marsh. It’s where they get the grass surface that they use at the Wimbledon tennis tournament, and used to use at the old Wembley stadium. Maybe they are alien sports fans looking for good sources of turf.

3 Likes

As much as I want aliens to have visited Carlisle in 1964 (for whatever inexplicable reason), it is highly unlikely that they did.

4 Likes

Who’s making an extraordinary claim?

“Aliens are visiting Earth” is an extraordinary claim. It’s not impossible, but there had better be some good evidence to back it up. A blurry photograph is nowhere near good enough, it doesn’t even meet on the balance of probability, never mind beyond reasonable doubt.

5 Likes

I agree. I just feel like you’re implying that someone in this thread is actually making that claim.

Edit: it’s a long thread, possibly somebody did and I skimmed past, but I don’t think it happened. Also, completely possible I’m misreading your intent, rather than you’re misreading mine.