Fox News just now figuring out Trump: "Bullying journalists is not presidential"

Enlighten me as to the meaning of
Neutral Evil?
Meaning, no bias, no ulterior motive?
Or rather, equally distributing evil?
(I’m truly asking!)

AD&D alignment terms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

ETA the two referenced:

Neutral evil

A neutral evil character is typically selfish and has no qualms about turning on allies-of-the-moment, and usually makes allies primarily to further their own goals. A neutral evil character has no compunctions about harming others to get what they want, but neither will they go out of their way to cause carnage or mayhem when they see no direct benefit for themselves. Another valid interpretation of neutral evil holds up evil as an ideal, doing evil for evil’s sake and trying to spread its influence. Examples of the first type are an assassin who has little regard for formal laws but does not needlessly kill, a henchman who plots behind their superior’s back, or a mercenary who readily switches sides if made a better offer. An example of the second type would be a masked killer who strikes only for the sake of causing fear and distrust in the community.

Chaotic evil

A chaotic evil character tends to have no respect for rules, other people’s lives, or anything but their own desires, which are typically selfish and cruel. They set a high value on personal freedom, but do not have much regard for the lives or freedom of other people. Chaotic evil characters do not work well in groups because they resent being given orders and do not usually behave themselves unless there is no alternative. Examples of this alignment include higher forms of undead, such as liches, and violent killers who strike for pleasure rather than profit.

5 Likes

I think everybody who is riding the Trump train knows they’re going to have to jump off at some point or else get taken down with it when it ultimately derails. I think his “caving” to the Democrats of the wall and the shutdown is looking like a nice, safe place to do that for a lot of people.

3 Likes

So many have already been run over
by the derailed Trump Train.
PS. No sympathy here

4 Likes

I take it you’re not a Dungeons and Dragons player then? Its alignment system has been around so long it’s sort of an in joke amongst geeks and happy mutants.

In any case, each DM may have a different opinion, but yeah, LE is “I will twist the law to my own ends, and screw you,” CE is “screw laws, gimme and screw you too” so NE is simply “I got mine, screw you.”

The management would like to point out that usage of the D&D alignment chart is for humorous purposes only.

8 Likes

You’re right!
I looked at your reply and thought,
Huh??
Over my head… I’m a geek of another kind!

1 Like

Yellow

7 Likes

Ahha!
I see you added to the OP .
“Now I See”!

2 Likes

If they hired 4, maybe they’d know what’s up and I’d want to listen to them.

3 Likes

It’s always worth pointing out that John Roberts of Fox used to be J.D. Roberts of Toronto Rocks.

jdrobs

11 Likes

Yep. I do that from time to time. To time.

I guess “bully for you” fell out of use some time ago. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

“Bully for you, chilly for me.”

5 Likes

The New Music too… (I can hear the Pigbag song in my head.)

2 Likes

… Or Oompa-Loompas?

1 Like

That’s it! That’s the pasty color I was talking about earlier.

Was going to say something similar. Well done for getting here first. And although I am not familiar with it so have no idea what it’s actually about, apparently they also have a song called ‘Dear Mr. President’

2 Likes

10 Likes

That is the natural colour of Caucasian Canadians.

tumblr_plz5xh2Cmc1ujinhho1_500

19 Likes