Fuck Today, Continued

TSA argues for impunity for checkpoint staff who rape travelers
Dec 06 2022
PapersPlease.org

Today a panel of judges of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals heard oral argument in San Francisco in a lawsuit (Michele Leuthauser v. USA) brought by a woman who complained that she was digitally penetrated — i.e., raped — in 2019 by Transportation Security Administration staff after they ordered her into a back room at the airport in Las Vegas for a “pat-down” after she went through a whole-body imaging machine.

15 Likes

Do not read if you are feeling at all fragile or are not in a place you can scream or cry

Reuters: Nigeria military ran secret mass abortion program in war on Boko Haram.

12 Likes
15 Likes

Ugh. And it makes me wonder actually-- who are you supposed to call for help if someone disappears and next thing you know, someone else is demanding ransom? Just dial 911? :grimacing:

9 Likes

I think that’s under the FBI’s mandate.

3 Likes

Oh come on. I get the irony, but the climate is more of a concern.

13 Likes
11 Likes
15 Likes
8 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

17 Likes

The Pushkin holds iconic work from European painters such as Rembrandt, Cezanne, Degas and Vincent Van Gogh.

In March 2022, the museum’s deputy director Vladimir Opredelenov resigned to protest against Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

Many commentators immediately remarked that buildings appear to be frequently catching fire in Russia.

@OMonteyne2, who monitors the Ukraine conflict, tweeted: “Another day, another fire in Moscow.”

16 Likes

This brings flashbacks. We had a judge in Mon Co WV when i was there who was very proud of having never removed a child from the parent(s) “to whom God had entrusted them.” No matter the abuse, neglect or danger, he felt it was where they belonged. The amount of damage idiots like this cause is incalculable.

23 Likes

Ms. Pane is able to sign off on top surgery for a family friend. She is not transitioning, but has her reasons. But she still needs three separate sign-offs. That seems like BS to me. Fucking obstacles.

21 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

14 Likes

For gender surgery I had to get the Dr get pre approval and two mental health professionals approval letters. Detailed letters.

They don’t usually do any of that for breast reduction- so they’re definitely treating them as trans adjacent.

Edit:

And no letters for minor boys with gynecomastia. Which is gender confirmation surgery. :woman_shrugging:

21 Likes

Yep. My mom had a pre-emptive mastectomy because of family history. Nobody blinked an eye.

Fuckers.

Eta spledding

19 Likes

Baby Reaction GIF

9 Likes

Cross post

16 Likes

Archive link

14 Likes
10 Likes