Session: 04/18/2022 1:45 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 05/16/2022 2:00 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 07/11/2022 1:30 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 08/09/2022 2:30 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 10/04/2022 10:15 AM, Rescheduled
Session: 11/28/2022 1:45 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 01/24/2023 1:30 PM, Rescheduled
Session:02/23/2023 1:30 PM, Judicial Officer: Haughton, Valeri

From way, way above. So far above it feels like a year has passed since this piece of shit committed an absolutely heinous act, and the victim still has not had an justice.

15 Likes

Well, that counts me out. Assholes.

big brother smile GIF by Global TV

9 Likes

Just…ridiculous.

over it lol GIF by Lifetime

I just want to thank you for keeping track of all of the trial postponements. You are a saint and an ally!

16 Likes

You are very kind, thank you. Mostly I’m pissed.

10 Likes

Protests of the practice date back to 1989, according to the Times Daily. That reporting says protestors outnumbered patrons at a Mobile bar who were hoping to see a bear-wrestling contest. Specifically, they were hoping to see “Terrible Ted.”

“Ted” was a 6’3 bear that stayed locked in a cage at the bar until a challenger approached to wrestle him. His neck was kept in a chain, he was declawed, had no teeth, and his arm muscles were cut to stop him from gripping anything.

18 Likes

oh god comedy GIF by BBC
Holy shit, people! How does this not constitute cruelty to animals?

21 Likes

That is fucking disgusting. What a horrible place to work. If they want to make sure all their employees have good teeth they should provide them with fucking a+ dental care should an emergency befall them.

16 Likes

I’ve seen documents from Spanish West Florida (which included the Florida panhandle all the way out to the Mississippi River) in the 1790s advertising a touring bear that people could wrestle.

Not a new thing.

7 Likes

Not what I wanted to run into today, so I will just share the misery :grimacing: :

“Pursuit satellite” is not a phrase I was looking for. Kessler Syndrome, anyone?

11 Likes

And here’s a reminder that while it’s primarily famous women who are the targets of stalkers, famous men can also be victims of stalking too…

16 Likes

California doctor cycling on scenic roadway rammed by Lexus then stabbed to death by driver: police

11 Likes

Fuck this: When we in the U.S. “buy” a house, we typically borrow most of the price in the form of a mortgage. If anyone owns the house, it’s the lender.

And yet, the occupant pays all the house’s property taxes. Wtf? How bout make the lenders pay their share of property taxes?

15 Likes

I’m sure they’d find a way to mark up taxes to make a profit off of the whole thing.
capitalism GIF

9 Likes
14 Likes
13 Likes

Video of the incident shows a man walking into a room where more than a dozen people are sitting around a table. He makes some gestures with his hands before taking out a gun and firing it around the room.
—-

Chanukov said the center is mainly used by Russian-speaking Jewish people, but it is open to everyone so they often have newcomers walking in. The video shows that almost nobody ran for cover when the shots were fired.

“I don’t think people knew what was happening. We are talking about elderly people. The youngest being 60, then 70s and 80s. They don’t get up easily and the chairs are very comfortable,” Chanukov said.

Nobody called the police after the incident. Chanukov finally did on Thursday morning, but he said there is a fear that speaking out will cause retaliation.

14 Likes

Just a normal day in America. My nephew had a reported shooter in his elementary school today, so SWAT came to help out. Cause, America. He took a picture for us. All normal move along.

25 Likes

There are far too many violently angry people out there in charge of tons of metal.

15 Likes

Oil tanker train crashing into a gas station was not on my bingo card.

22 Likes

Wonder Years Reaction GIF

16 Likes