Fuck Today, Continued

She’s one of the people making sure that victims have a voice… but yeah, what a personal cost.

15 Likes

even a bunch of standard stuff can be pretty junk. handwriting analysis, gun/bullet matching, time of death. even fingerprint analysis isn’t nearly as accurate as prosecutors claim. theoretically there are experts, but since they rarely do double blind tests - a lot of bias creeps in

also reminds me of this:

cnn, you keep using that word, but i do not think it means what you think it means

10 Likes

Yeah, those aren’t Democrats!

5 Likes

26 Likes
15 Likes

lady gaga applause GIF

but transgender people will not be covered by the plans.

sassy bird GIF

14 Likes

Season 4 Cbc GIF

16 Likes

Asshole execs:

Saving lives is costing us money!

Asshole passengers:

I ain’t gettin on no aeroplane if I can’t have the freedumb to spread my germs!

The Biden administration is under increasing pressure to lift its transportation mask mandate, set to run until April 18, as officials weigh the risks of the latest omicron subvariant against rising frustrations among states and industry executives.

“We hear from our operators all over the country who are saying that customers are choosing not to get on the bus to commute, not to get on the bus to take a trip between two cities, or not to take a tour or charter someplace because of the mask requirements,” Peter Pantuso, president and CEO of American Bus Association (ABA), told The Hill.

15 Likes

I’m not getting on the bus because no one is wearing masks.

16 Likes

Exactly.

What a country, where the “weirdos” are the ones wearing masks during a pandemic. :exploding_head: :weary:

20 Likes

You’re going to hear a lot less from your commuters after you lift the requirement because of how many fewer people choose to travel. The sound will be people voting with their feet.

12 Likes

There’s an announcement over the tannoy in my local supermarket, “Please feel free to keep wearing a mask.”

pjpPQ0Qv95pAKOW_kxNFA_oznriHyws6tpanl9BczrU

16 Likes

Right?

The org I worked for issued a mandate-lifting notice that had this line: “Please refrain from making assumptions about those who prefer to continue wearing a mask.”

1000 facepalms gif

13 Likes

I had to look that up. New words - neat!

9 Likes

Yup, and people who can’t travel, because they’re laid up with that other thing most people are still ignoring, “long Covid.”

Any decision that ignores long Covid at the cost of a humming economy and “returning to normal” is not only immoral and craven, it’s severely flawed. Long Covid is already having a devastating impact on the economy: in the US, the most conservative estimates are that 1.6 million are already out of the workforce due to long Covid, and in the UK, a quarter of employers cite it as a leading reason for long-term absence.

So if we want folks to participate in a working economy and retain a normal way of life, we need to protect them by informing them about the risk of infection. It’s long overdue to acknowledge and count long Covid, and begin measuring this pandemic in deaths, hospitalizations and disability .

16 Likes

Given that the increased issues with male fertility and erectile function haven’t convinced these people, I doubt anything can.

1 Like
13 Likes
8 Likes

Placing this here because any education gap points to a problem in the system. But there’s good and bad.

Bad:

First, women’s rising academic advantages are largely confined to straight women: although lesbian women historically outpaced straight women, in contemporary cohorts, lesbian and bisexual women face significant academic disadvantages.

Good:

Second, boys’ well-documented underperformance obscures one group with remarkably high levels of school success: gay boys

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/00031224221075776

11 Likes

Not long ago, the notion that American politics was oriented around a dispute over the merits of child sexual exploitation was viewed as so loopy that not even Donald Trump could take it seriously. It is now becoming the Republican Party’s most energetic idea

8 Likes