Halloween - 2016 - Post your costume ideas and progress - Now with PUMPKINS!

13 Likes

Hang on, I’m coming over.

19 Likes

Hmmm, no elbow patches
amateur!! :wink:

3 Likes

Hey, you’re right! I never actually noticed that haha. The coat is a men’s Ralph Lauren blazer I got off a clearance rack, and it totally needs elbow patches.

6 Likes

Your hair is great
I have to wear a wig.

5 Likes

I can’t make up my mind:
Ghostbuster
Taco truck

8 Likes

Did she sing the piñata song?

1 Like

I do make a decent Tom Baker. Frizzy hair and funny looking :joy:

3 Likes

No 
 Someone at the party was Donald Trump though. Not so funny anymore.

2 Likes

Adding some patches should be easy. Don’t they have just iron on ones?

1 Like

Probably, I know the fabric store has suede patches. No idea if they’re iron- or sew-on. Actually, hand sewing would probably be easier than trying to get them ironed flat onto a corduroy sleeve that’s already made.

1 Like

I found it surprisingly hard to find iron-on elbow patches that I felt would look right, so I hand-sewed the suede patches on. Velvet is a lot like corduroy in that way.

3 Likes

I’ve finally figured out my costume:

I’m thinking my wife and I can find pantsuits at Goodwill. The hair will be a bit of a challenge for me.

14 Likes

HEY! Gray-face is offensive:

5 Likes

Why no choice? Did I miss something?

They have masks at the costume shops now. And pantsuits at the thrift shop.

1 Like
4 Likes

BOOTS!! Not sure if they make me want to dance or step on a face forever.

6 Likes

I’ll give you $5 if you can moonwalk in 'em. With the rest of the armor, of course.

3 Likes

As a kid I used to think I could moon walk. Soles are slick enough it would work. Extremely impressed with the quality on these.

2 Likes

I hope the soles are reasonably soft and crepe-y. One thing that always bugged me about the foley in Star Wars was how the stormtroopers’ boots always sounded like they had hard (and slippery) soles on them, clicking along on those durasteel decks like the devil’s own typewriter. No wonder their pursuit of Han and Chewie resembled the last lap of a 5K.

What’s funny about these is that, with a slightly higher heel, you could totally wear 'em to Studio 54, circa 1977.

6 Likes