Here's the weirdest, scariest stuff Trump said at 77-minute 'I’m not ranting and raving' meltdown

Interesting link. What I understand from the questions in that “study” is that Donald Trump is seeking support to reduce the liberties of the press. Whether that is possible in the USA, I don’t know, but the message is quite clear: “the press are not reporting fairly”.

Everyone should click on the link. One can read all questions without giving an answer.

2 Likes

The US 1st Amendment is only as strong as the USSC chooses to say it is.

(yes, the pro-fascist club was a “joke”. Y’all comfortable leaving your rights in the hands of someone who thinks fascism is funny?)

14 Likes

Yup, that’s about it.

13 Likes

I guess we should be glad he’s not a Southerner, otherwise he’d expect a lot more than coffee from a black woman.

(Sorry, I was watching Roots last night.)

2 Likes

Finally, someone got it right. That indefinite article is key. Trump is the President of the Unites States but that’s just a title. He has a role to fill and he is failing (and flailing) miserably.

7 Likes

Huh? Did I miss that thread?

2 Likes

Depleted uranium is less radioactive than the average house brick. Depleted uranium is used in bullets and in counterweights for cranes because it is heavy. It could also be used in fast breeder reactors as a fuel. It can also be used as an interntial container around an atom bomb, as it’s mass holds the bangy stuff in for a bit longer, and turns some of the neutrons into more bang. You can leave this layer off. The Tsar Bomba left it off, so the aircraft could get off the ground. With it, it could have yeilded about 200 MT.

The bangy stuff he thinks he is talking about is probably plutonium.

Don’t tell him. It’s safer this way.

16 Likes

Trump’s penchant for projection is a key insight into what’s going on with him, even if he may not be conscious of it:

Projection:
“The press has become so dishonest that if we don’t talk about, we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people. Tremendous disservice. We have to talk to find out what’s going on, because the press honestly is out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control.”

Edit:

“[I’ve] become so dishonest that if we don’t talk about it, we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people. Tremendous disservice. We have to talk to find out what’s going on, becaause [I] honestly [am] out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control.”

9 Likes

Of course; it’s the bestest shit and he has the best people working on it.

…it does write itself because after exposure to the Trump stream of consciousness your brain starts to repeat the patterns. This is your brain on Trump…

7 Likes

Ah, thanks! I didn’t pay much mind to what that one said.

1 Like

I don’t know where you got that from but it sounds like one of those apologetics from the armaments industry claiming that DU is not dangerous.

Actually the radiation from depleted uranium - 238U - is around 50% that of unprocessed uranium and is many, many times that of a typical brick. Believe me, I used to do a demonstration of the radioactivity of common substances including a handy bottle of uranium nitrate - which you used to be able to buy quite easily - and “low sodium” salt, which contains enough potassium to keep a Geiger counter happy. Quite a lot of research has been done on brick safety, mainly in areas where radioactive deposits may have affected clays used in brick making, and they have not been found to be hazardous. Depleted uranium is quite another matter. It doesn’t accumulate the short lived nucleides as fast as “raw” uranium does, but it is still quite radioactive enough on its own - over 12000 Bq/g.

I thought I should reply to this in case anybody were to read it and think it’s OK to open a DU munition. Don’t. The stuff is extremely dangerous despite the lies told by NATO following the Balkan wars and Iraq. Uranium even catches fire in air and produces clouds of smoke which, if inhaled, will give you lung cancer if the toxicity doesn’t get you first. DU munitions arose as a way of getting rid of surplus 238U - after all it was only going to be used on Muslims, many of them brown.

20 Likes

…can I have mine poached?

2 Likes

OK. I understand all of the relationships between the people and even the substance and design of the stickers in the profile pick.

BUT

I still have questions!

Why was she mad at you? For copying a publicly visible picture?

How did you accidentally copy and paste it and to where!?

Thanks in advance for the deets, stranger on the internet. :smiley:

4 Likes

but cancer clusters like the one in Iraq are typically connected to DU ammunation, I don’t think anyone ever suspected house bricks as cause.

the stuff is not glowing in the dark but is still dangerous, mostly because it’s freakingly toxic

eta @Enkita was faster and has much more details…

7 Likes

OTOH, when considering the toxicity, it should be “DU vs lead” rather than “DU vs nothing”. Conventional munitions ain’t that healthy to be around, even without the DU factor.

5 Likes

I was planning on snipping a bunch of bits together to make a recycled comedic statement about Trump’s bullsh*t, but then I realized I’d actually have to read far more of this than my sanity could stand while I’m alive.

7 Likes

It seems weird to me for a guy who’s theoretically media-savvy like Trump, with aides like Bannon who are most definitely media-savvy, to devote so much energy towards antagonizing the media and intelligence communities. Trump’s about the dirtiest President of all time; you’d think that would be the last thing he’d want to do.

My theory is that they’re intentionally poking a hornet’s nest. They know Trump’s got dirt and skeletons for days. So they’re trying to piss off all the investigative reporters and insult the intelligence community to get it all out there and use the same “overwhelm the public so that it’s all just background noise” strategy he used during his campaign.

8 Likes

Ho-ly Cow. That survey is incredible. So many of the questions are leading, not trying to be neutral at all.

It’s such an obvious propaganda campaign, followed by the standard “donate to Trump 2020” page.

4 Likes
8 Likes

“Fox is the most honest!” – Trump. Glad you feel that way!

Shep Smith has always seemed like the only honest fella at Fox.

5 Likes