Historically accurate leggings based on medieval armor

“And you thought Trojans were serious about protecting your junk.”

14 Likes

It looks like they’re currently about $7K short of the goal for that…

$90,000: Men’s Leggings

Gentlemen, I’ve heard your cries for equal representation, and I am here for you. If we get this far, we can start development for leggings with extra room in the thigh and calf that also provide for the comfort and support of certain anatomy.

5 Likes

Just remember: even with Trojans you can still get harpies.

18 Likes

Hammer toes?

Hammer time!

11 Likes

Dude - that is GENIUS! You can use that hook to hold your satchel for you. Or for when you hold your lady’s purse.

10 Likes

That’s a stretch goal.

13 Likes

13 Likes

He really likes fighting.

8 Likes

Why does it go up.
Why does it go up.
Why does it go up.
Why does it go up.
Why does it go up.

Why does it go up.

5 Likes

Henry VIII: The armor you made me has a new dent that needs to be hammered out.
Blacksmith: Of course, your highness. I pray you were not injured in the battle?
Henry VIII: No, this dent was made from the inside.

10 Likes

So you can remove it in cold weather.

9 Likes

I…

I…

Am so conflicted right now.

(Is it okay if I crawled under an enormous duvet and whimpered for a few hours?)

7 Likes

I often have that problem with pretty much any leggings, really. (Additionally problem: I’m 193 cm, so finding the combination of waist AND height is difficult, at best.) I do like to wear them, but I’m just outside the upper range on these. Bummer, because they’re really cool! (Even if the lower pledge where you’d actually get a pair is probably a bit more than I should drop on something like this right now.)

4 Likes

I’m about the same height as you. 34" inseam, 32" waist. I’ve never worn leggings, but never had much of a problem finding pants.

2 Likes

Leggings do have more than a bit of give to them, so usually they’re OK if you’re a little out of the suggested range. For pants, I still wear men’s pants as they’re just better fit for me. When I was about 15 kg heavier, I had a harder time finding pants because apparently you’re allowed to be big or tall, but not both, despite the name of the department.

2 Likes

Really? I find just the opposite. I wear shirts with a 38" sleeve and only a 16" neck. Brick and mortar stores usually have literally one or two shirts in my size total, so I have to order online.

Different stores? Different parts of the country? I have no explanation at all, although I never had trouble finding shirts in my size. (Color and style were different matters, of course.) Could also be casual vs. office wear? It’s been a long time since I had to buy traditional office costumes, being a student and 1099 consultant for the last several years, so most of my clothes have been in the casual shirts and jeans department.

In either case, it’s certainly a lot easier to buy online, especially when the size filters work properly!

Same part of the country, but certainly different stores and styles. Casual clothes are much easier for me, as long as they have tall sizes. Online shopping is much easier as well, especially for shoes.

I already mentioned it in an above comment. Very handy for holding bags or other things with a strap on them. Allowing you to hold things hands free.

And if it went down it would poke the horse when riding.

2 Likes

That reminds me of this old Family Guy bit.

2 Likes