How to deal with douchebag parking

Me neither. It doesn’t even mention it in the article.

I have seen this often with expensive sports cars. I guess the idea is “if I take up two spaces, then there’s no way someone is going to accidentally ding my car with their door.” I guess there is a certain logic to it, but it’s still selfish, particularly if parking spaces are in short supply-- it translates as “let’s screw over someone else so I don’t get screwed.”

3 Likes

You Americans have no idea how to drive. The white truck is parked about where I’d expect it to be. That’s just normal parking round here, not remotely aggressive to the Benz.
Last time I parked my 4x4 close to some douche, his wing mirror was about 10mm away from my door. Was I justified in doing so? The douche in question was in a car park that was nearly full, I’d followed him to the last 2 spaces that were next to each other and he parked in the middle effectively blocking me from using either. So I made damn sure I used one of them. He’d actually looked back at me before driving in. And on the other side was a hatched area that he could have used to park in if he wasn’t good enough at parking to fit in a single space.

(Mine is the Mitsubishi)

16 Likes

There aren’t really any authorities for private lots. There may be a posted towing company that may or may not respond to those other than the property owner.

Unless someone took the time to leave a note saying “I have your plate # and pics of my car next to yours without any damage. Don’t even think it.”

1 Like

Just let the air out of the douche’s tires using the valves.

Then you’ll get keyed for sure. How are you going to prove it? Plus, your pic involves you also parked illegally.

The problem is that the truck owner is obligated to stay wherever they are longer than the Benz owner or there’s no effect.

Oh! On further examination of the photo, I see the license plate was just 'shopped out and not missing.

I actually LOLed at that, with food in my mouth!

1 Like

Because then someone could have parked in the space to the right of him and his pwecious widdle car might have gotten cooties.

Calling 911 about a car being parked badly/illegally is a success if the operator managed to suppress their giggles as they inform you “a police car will be there shortly to ticket or tow the car.” Sure it will.

What’s wrong with parking on the curb in this case? It’s not like there’s a sidewalk or garden or anything right there, it’s just a divider. It doesn’t inconvenience anyone or damage anything.

2 Likes

Bah, parked across 2 parking spots? That’s nothing. I spotted this guy (or gal) parked in 4 parking spots, in (I believe) a Dodge Caravan. Bonus points for the iPhone “Slide to Unlock” sticker on the door, too. They didn’t get full super-dbag points, because it was still possible to park in the two spots behind them (if you had a small car), but it definitely wasn’t possible to park in the spot next to them. I was tempted to go all passive aggressive and write “Nice parking, asshole” in the dirt on the side of the car, but instead just took a picture to show my friends.

2 Likes

The only time when there is a legitimate explanation for that is if the parking lot had enough snow on it that the driver couldn’t see the lines, then the snow melted while the car was there.

2 Likes

I thought of that on the day, but if memory serves we had gone a few days without snow.

1 Like

be careful riding herd on people parking in Handicapped spaces. Just because they aren’t using a wheelchair or crutches doesn’t preclude them having some other ailment that necessitates closer, IE handicapped parking. Many and vast are the ways our bodies can betray and fail us.

just sayin.

8 Likes

Its a bit geeky, but it depends on the “alignment” of the person. To wit:

Neutral Evil: He’s just careless and inconsiderate. He didn’t think about anything else other that parking and getting in one of the buildings to do his business. He could care less.

Lawful Evil: He thought about that kind of a park job, but would rather park with his illegal handicapped permit nearer to the doors.

Chaotic Evil: That is a good park job for him. He usually screeches into two spaces diagonally, flips off any passerby and goes inside. If you are standing by his car to bitch at him later, he will try to punch or even kill you.

Neutral Good: He clucks at the lack of driving etiquette he either goes on his way and parks somewhere else, of if he’s having that kind of day parks like the guy in the truck.

Lawful Good: He parks nearby and immediately calls the cops on the parker, though the cops have better things to do and tell him so. Nothing really happens except the asshole tears up a $50 ticket.

Chaotic Good: He parks next to the guys door, calls another buddy who is always up to sticking it to an asshole to park next to the door on the other side. Just for good measure the guy knifes a tire. After his business, both guys watch the moron come out and deal with it later, usually over a beer at the window seats of the bar across the street. If the guy comes back and starts keying on the trucks, its on and a great fight will occur.

Lawful Good:

1 Like

That last text is an error. You’d think it would show the post to you in order to correct it. Oh well.

How about a Motorcycle parked in the curb spot earlier?

2 Likes