I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Excellent! Definitely the kind of tool (like engine hoists, ball-joint separators, steering wheel pullers, and a lot of baby clothes) that should be available to loan, in a perfect world.

I’ll kick in $5 for the pay-per-view Opening Night special.

16 Likes

Maybe you could rent this?

7 Likes

CRAPPER CRACKER

23 Likes

That’s the version sold on late night infomercials

10 Likes

SHIT-N-SPIN?  

24 Likes

PIDDLE ’N’ TWIDDLE™‌

19 Likes

COMBO COMMODE  

15 Likes

Combo Nation

9 Likes

6 Likes

That safe I mentioned.

14 Likes

This is clearly one of those cases where one like is not enough. Awesome idea! :smile:

Although, realistically, just having that same machine brute force it (try every combo, not the other type of brute force) would probably be in the range of 10 to 1000 times faster.

11 Likes

I’m with Rob, I would totally clean that thing up and use it as an end table. If @Mister44 dropped in for a visit and wanted to get hammered, we could put his hogleg in it!

7 Likes

My… my what now? Is that a euphemism?

9 Likes

You mean the 44 isn’t for .44 caliber?   Well now I’m embarrassed.

7 Likes

I’ve never heard it called a hog leg…

Closest I’ve seen is a cut down lever action refereed to as a mare’s leg.

5 Likes

There was also a 6 foot tall version. @mister44 could bring a couple rifles and you’d still be… Safe.

5 Likes

huh, I’ll be damned, it does look like a hog leg, dunnit?

I’m glad you spoke up, because I was confused, too. I’ve heard a piece of road that bends sharply and then sharply back to the prior general direction called a dog leg, but the only thing I’ve ever heard called a “hawg leg” was I think an in-joke with the skaters I used to hang out with: when they went in on a whole eighth of bud and threw it all into a single blunt. I guess because it was hard to keep it a perfect cylinder.

4 Likes

I’ve heard large pistols (dunno if specifically .44 caliber) referred to as hoglegs in fiction of sufficiently hard boil.

10 Likes

well, I’ma start using it, too!

5 Likes

And I’d have sworn up and down that Rooster Cogburn referred dismissively to Mattie carrying her father’s old hog leg around, but it’s not in the scripts online of either version of “True Grit”. I’ve certainly heard it in some western or other.

3 Likes