I will get fat eating retro candy

I normally have a very grim, neutral expression. Resting glower face. So I kind of overcompensate for the webcam.

OTOH . . . CANDY!

6 Likes

Oh yeah! Wasn’t that sour but with capsaicin burn?

1 Like

Sweet bees knees, does nobody around here know how to Google? http://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-the-candy-aisle/canada-mints/

2 Likes

Where do we stand on salmiak?

2 Likes

Okay, there is a limit to that, if you want to keep a tongue.

2 Likes

Bit-O-Honeys for the fricking win! Goddamnit I have loved this candy since I was very very young and I am 59 now. I will STILL buy the shit out of these when i see them. Tooth gooey and yummy beyond all words. If I died while eating a Bit-O-Honey, I know I would go to heaven.

1 Like

Similarly, upon death I wish my lifeless corpse to be thrown in a pit full of Cadbury Mini Eggs.

2 Likes

Who would notice?

Oh! You said the mini ones. Makes more sense. At first I thought you meant the pustulant big ones.

I actually like both, but I could eat a couple dozen mini eggs at a sitting. With the big ones, I’m done for the day after one.

2 Likes

Did someone say salmiak? Gotta have some Tyrkisk Peber then, salmiak with hot spicy center. Awesome, but yeah. Tongues beware!

6 Likes

I think it was good humour brand ice cream.

A chocolate coating over mint ice cream with a core of fudge around the stick. Other details lost in the fog of time.

It was the ultimate summer treat when I were tiny.

3 Likes

That one isn’t familiar, but thanks for the recommendation :smiley:

Ahhh, the “Chocolate Chip Candy.” A rare treat that cost a lordly $.35. The other high-priced item was the Chocolate Eclair. The cheapest item from Ben the Abusive Good Humor Man’s truck was the X-15 popsicle.

My heart starts a-thumping out of my chest long before that happens.

2 Likes

You have the best selfie face I have ever seen. And I have teenage daughters.

5 Likes

Worst. Easter. Ever.

4 Likes

Every year for Easter my MIL buys me a Bordeaux egg.

I love candy, but those things take me like two months.

4 Likes

My mom used to buy those for us when we were kids. I think because they were cheap and lasted so long. They always seemed like they would not be as good as they were, but they were surprisingly yummy.

But why wait for death?

2 Likes

You should rent a kid to trick-or-treat with in my neighborhood. There are a couple houses that always hand them out.

2 Likes

Yes, Rivella is one of the few soft drinks I like - not too sweet and the whey gives it an unique and interesting taste.

Two other very specific soft drinks for the German-speaking world are the Austrian Almdudler and the German Fassbrausse, both with herbal extracts as flavouring.