Infuriated NY shoppers scream at woman for not wearing mask

Nothing says NYC like, “Go fuck yourself!”

1 Like

you need a pipe cleaner, which you can’t find because it’s 2020, and no one smokes pipes anymore, to stiffen the nose piece. Otherwise the nose slips free.

2 Likes

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/gloves.html

4 Likes

you need a pipe cleaner, which you can’t find because it’s 2020, and no one smokes pipes anymore

You’re in luck! They’re now called “chenille stems” and are for Art!

11 Likes

You could always have your tailor run up a nifty number like this one:

5 Likes

So you don’t cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough?

4 Likes

left wing vs right wing

19 Likes

Misinformation is a terrible thing:

12 Likes

All emotion makes people less intelligent.

Fury? Screaming? How can people think under those conditions?

Ah. The “tunnel and bridge crowd” thing.

I think you mean flout the law.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/flout

Thanks. I already had this information.

CDC ultimately has to make a call on what information to present to lay people. They weigh the risks and aim for the best outcome with the least risk. During the time when we were only had theories for how COVID-19 transmitted based on models of SARS and MERS.

Even before all of this, it was debated intensively how well different masks control the spread of rhinovirus and influenza, both which are known to spread as aerosols. The same almost likely applies to coronoviruses and COVID-19 specifically. The efficacy of masks on aerosol respiratory viruses is not settled science.

We have safety practices based on broad spectrum of protection. Wearing masks in a hospital protects healthcare works and patients from lots of things. It is proven time and time again that a simple surgical mask is effective against bacteria that spread as droplets. (as simple as breathing in front of a petri dish a few inches away).

In short, there are things we know, and things we don’t know about masks.

2 Likes

Seems polite to do so. Never stopped a rhinovirus from running rampant through the office though.

I’ve seen somebody take his mask off to sneeze and then put it back on

A lot of this is magical thinking, or mindlessly conforming to a new rule about how to dress properly

5 Likes

I have recently been introduced to the concept that conservatism consists entirely of the the idea that There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect…
It explains an awful lot.

12 Likes

Well, they’ve done tests. Not letting your funk blow in the wind all willynilly reduces the spread of germs. Does it eliminate? No. Neither does washing hands before food preparation. But doing these things REDUCES air and food borne illnesses.

6 Likes

My mind is equally sharp when I’m at rest and livid; same with several of my friends. Our rants are legendary and erudite :wink:

5 Likes

Or the plastic-coated wire from the top of 12 oz coffee bags from Aldi.
We’re using it in our masks - it makes them stay up easily, and is washable so the whole thing can be sanitized/sterilized/at-least-hot-water-washed.

5 Likes

I think I’ve been to that station! KMRT in Kaohsiung, Taiwan?

2 Likes

That’s the spirit!

1 Like