Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

Gotta wonder what they follow up with if that was only the opening act.

15 Likes

Just tuned in for the last 20 or 30 minutes, holy fucking crap was that good.

Wanting the security to stand down in order that known, armed rioters could enter the building. Physically assaulting the secret service member in the Beast and trying to grab the wheel so he could drive to the Capitol and join the mob. Holy shit.

11 Likes

And the ketchup. Wonā€™t someone think of the ketchup!?!

11 Likes

I hope they didnā€™t let him near the good china.

Just give something spray painted gold & heā€™s happy.

12 Likes

Could that driver file assault charges?

I effing would. I mean if a pat on the back is horrificā€¦

14 Likes

DC should hit him with reckless driving, too.

12 Likes

People keep saying that Trump talks like a gangster- but he is a gangster.

11 Likes

These people have zero reason to lie but isnā€™t her testimony hearsay?

I havenā€™t been watching the hearings but I tuned in today to see what the hoopla was all about and wow but do they have other testimony to substantiate her testimony?

So far it shows what we all knew, that the last guy is off his rocker, but is that a crime?

3 Likes

Intimidating witnesses. smdh

7 Likes

Some of her testimony is heresay but with passive confirmation (grabbing the guy by the throat, which the grabbee did not dispute), and some is testimony of her direct conversations with her boss (Mark Meadows) and other WH staff.

The idea is to get this on record and then give her boss and other WH advisors/staffers to chance to respond.

So far, her testimony looks damaging.

21 Likes

Remember, this isnā€™t a legal proceeding. The Committee isnā€™t under the same restrictions a prosecutor would be. However, IANAL, but hearsay rises to the level of admissible evidence when it is corroborated with recordings, other testimony and written records. From what Iā€™ve seen they have substantial corroboration.

ETA: @IronEdithKidd beat me to it. Yeah, this gives the DOJ a lot of leverage for getting people like Meadows past pleading the fifth. I mean, everyone knows that trump will throw them under the bus. Is that worth spending the rest of your days in prison as a pariah or looking like a hero like Hutchinson does (regrettably; she still went along with everything leading up to Jan 6).

EETA: Itā€™s also worth noting again that this isnā€™t a criminal proceeding for the fact that Meadows was let off the hook for Contempt of Congress charges because he kinda-sorta complied. If the DOJ subpoenaes him, itā€™s an entirely different matter, even though all of his testimony and evidence to Jan 6 is also admissible.

17 Likes

Can someone forward this to Merrick, not sure if heā€™s paying attention.

13 Likes

I think the warrants and the method of seizing the John Eastmanā€™s cellphone and searching Clarkā€™s house in the early morning are both strong indicators that the DoJ is pursuing a criminal case of some kind. Garland is on to something. I think heā€™s going slow and careful.

14 Likes

12 Likes
12 Likes

I hope so, but weā€™ve been burned before.

4 Likes

On Foxā€¦

22 Likes

I hope their Ferraris are worth it for their souls.

Garbage people.

8 Likes

Have Michael Flynnā€™s eyebrows always done backflips like that when he is confronted by a difficult question? It really seemed like a ā€œtellā€ to me.

Also, taking a 1:36 break with your attorney before taking the Fifth really just makes it look worse.

7 Likes

Iā€™m amazed that Fox is letting that through. Is Murdoch throwing Trump to the buses?

7 Likes