Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

Hey dipshits…I know she’s “out of favor” but LIZ FUCKING CHENEY is a republican.

7 Likes

He’s going thru a divorce so, :man_shrugging:.

5 Likes
12 Likes

This is Bobby Engle who trump tried to choke out in the Beast:

I think Bobby could have taken trump out to the trash if he wanted to.

16 Likes

My grandmother could take Trump out to the trash. And she’s been dead 10 years.

14 Likes

I did try to check the interior layout of The Beast to see if that was possible, but for some reason descriptions are always fuzzy on details. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Basically an armored personnel carrier with leather seats, weaponry and a big ass motor.

From the looks of the DM illustration trump would have had to jump up from the very back in order to get to the driver. IDK maybe trump jumped into shotgun?

eta: The Daily Mail illustrator even threw in trump flashing the white power “ok” sign.

11 Likes

I am kind of curious about this… the job of the secret service agents is to defend whoever they are working for (president, their family, other officials, etc). But what if the agent gets attacked (like this, only worse) BY the people they are protecting? What if they hurt that person? Do they get arrested for it, despite the fact that they are defending themselves?

:thinking:

My apologies to your dear departed Grandmother…

15 Likes

He was armed - he could have stood his ground.

10 Likes

There are backwards facing seats directly behind the driver. Trump could have moved to one of those to more efficiently yell at him and then physically attacked.

10 Likes

Gold.

13 Likes

Do we get never ending breadsticks with that?

13 Likes

He could beach himself on the facing seats and lean over, dunno.

Take a bullet, give a bullet. It’s the circle of strife.

14 Likes

The Times can be so fucking weird. They’ve actually had perfectly good coverage of the hearings Tuesday, and had been highlighting the most explosive points, but this is the front page now:

They weren’t just “violent” they were armed, he wasn’t just “unconcerned,” he actually wanted the security to stand down, and what the fuck is the story of the thrown plate doing in such a prominent position? It’s way less important, or even exciting, than the scene in the Beast, which is completely omitted from the front page.

The Post’s headline was much better, and covered (a) that he wanted the armed mob to go in, and (b) wanted to join them. By the time I decided to get a screenshot it was more subdued, but still covered the important points.

11 Likes

The Daily Beast has zeroed in on the ketchup.

13 Likes

TeeVee says he wasn’t in the beast - he was in the Suburban. Which would have made the lunge easier by far. The agent assaulted was in the front passenger seat they say.

Donnie apparently likes the suburban more than the beast.

15 Likes

If the ketchup was from a hot dog then there’s going to be a lot of people disgusted by Trump for a whole new reason.

13 Likes

Anyone who forgave him for eating New York pizza with a fork isn’t going to be swayed by ketchup on a hotdog.

13 Likes

Or maybe the ketchup was from one of those well-done steaks he seems to enjoy so much.

14 Likes

thats-crazy-brian

12 Likes