Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

Spoilered for the faint of heart:

Trump - Pizza with a Fork

11 Likes

I bet the Beast makes him claustrophobic. The widows in that thing are super thick as are the doors; Like a vault. Once inside it’s probably very tomb like and he probably couldn’t use his cell phone inside.

An armored Suburban is pretty tame. Windows are thickened but not too much and the doors just feel heavy. Looks and feels just like a normal Suburban once inside.

12 Likes

They pipe the outside sound in from mics on the outside.

10 Likes

Obviously this would be even more justified now.

16 Likes
17 Likes

Leavenworth.

Only enlisted prisoners with sentences over ten years, commissioned officers, and prisoners convicted of offenses related to national security are confined to the USDB.”

They can give him Chelsea Manning’s old solitary cell.

14 Likes

Especially since he occasionally wears his dress uniform to rallies, yeah.

11 Likes

Some of what she said was hearsay, they’ve gotta get the primary sources too if they can

4 Likes

… or to put it another way, the Secret Service having to kidnap the president to prevent a coup

It’s what Mike Pence was afraid of, but in reverse

12 Likes

his whole tantrum about “im ( a failed and feckless ) president and you’ll do what i want” is most assuredly not how the secret service works.

they have a specific job to do. and they’re probably used to working around and redirecting their principals to get that job done.

i think pence knew that they’d happily lie to him just to get him out of harms way. but, trump is a bully, narcissist, and a serial sexual assaulter. it’s pretty clear he thinks the whole world exists for him alone and doesn’t care about other people at all ( let alone their jobs )

( which is still something that bothers me if they have to prove criminal intent )

15 Likes
9 Likes

Three Secret Service agents who accompanied Trump are disputing that he assaulted or grabbed at the leader of his security detail or that he grabbed for the steering wheel, according to one current and one former law enforcement official familiar with their accounts

9 Likes

All those rethugs should be living in vans down by the river. A marshy river, so they get lotsa mosquito bites. Cheap vampires flocking together, one group living off the other.

11 Likes

Good thing I wasn’t drinking or smoking um something when I saw that. I would’ve done myself - and this machine - a mischief!

5 Likes

“Everyone was afraid of him, including me,” Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said at the Faith and Freedom Coalition gathering this month.

10 Likes

Through successive hand-offs, he could have ended up with people who didn’t have his welfare in mind. He might have stuck around and did his job because he was worried that getting in the car would be a one-way trip, and not to Alaska.

8 Likes

Seems obvious the bind that Flynn was in:

• If he answered “yes”, he feared that the Committee would quickly be able to trot out documented evidence of him intimating otherwise – and he would be liable for lying under oath. *
  • If he answered “no”, he would be abrogating his oath to the Constitution and would presumably be liable under military law. **

The Constitution offers one out in a case like this… and he took it.

(* IANAL)
(** IANAJAG)

6 Likes

“Just the place for a Sinkhole!”

5 Likes

Or he could have done his patriotic duty, told the truth, and taken the consequences of his actions. Instead he acted like a coward and betrayed his country.

19 Likes

To be sure, my analysis assumes that he is interested in continuing to play the game he’s been playing for the last 6+ years.

4 Likes