Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

I don’t really care what he’s actually interested in. We paid his salary for years (which I assume is pretty nice for a general) and he fucking repays us with treason. He can fuck off.

19 Likes

And we continue to pay his not-insubstantial retirement salary.

17 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

8 Likes

All they had to do was get him somewhere else to derail the vote cert process.

What would happen if Pence didn’t show up to the vote at all? Would there be a delay?

Aseem Muliji from the Campaign Legal Center explained that while anything seems like it could happen, the process would be filled in by another member.

“I don’t know what Vice President Pence will do, but nothing in the law or in the procedure of Congress permits actions that would change the results at this point,” he explained. “So even if VP Pence decided not to show up, the president pro tempore of the Senate could step into the role.”

That position is currently held by Republican Chuck Grassley.“

Grassley would have rejected some states votes - I think he’s on record - and Trump claims victory.

Or let’s say the vote cert is completely stopped because the Capitol was taken over longer and Congress people are harmed or killed?

Trump declares martial law and just tries to take over.

All very Roger Stone sounding.

13 Likes

Which have been legally dubious since all states except Wisconsin were within the Safe Harbor rules and outside Congress’ power to reject, but rolling events would gather momentum while the Supreme Court decided, and who trusts them these days?

They really need to clarify that for the future, because “who in their right mind would do something that stupid?” doesn’t seem to work.

9 Likes

And that is why Grassley should be removed from office under the 14th Amendment Section 3.

13 Likes

More headroom, sits higher (think, an executive’s chair being taller than the guest chairs across the desk) and much easier to get in and out of when you’re not physically fit.

My dad always preferred a minivan or SUV over a limo if he was being picked up by a car service, for those reasons.

12 Likes

Can’t I hate him double?

12 Likes

That seems to have a Little Caesar’s tie in. Mike Illitch would have approved!

10 Likes
15 Likes

She’s got an amazing sense of humor.

7 Likes

Well, they report to somebody, and it’s quite interesting that they thought whoever that was outranked the President in that moment :thinking:

I mean, good for them, but to me it looks like a form of civil disobedience—or maybe a deference to the Capitol as an autonomous Article I zone where they just never go

3 Likes

Their primary job is to protect POTUS. Full stop. Not to obey hir. They have wide latitude to ignore the POTUS if they feel that obeying would put POTUS in danger.

6 Likes

A competent would-be dictator would have straightened that out over the previous four years

4 Likes

Secret Service loyalty to trump (see red ties) was enough of a concern that they broke up the detail when Biden came on board.

They were listening to Pat Cipollone that day it sounds like. Loyal enough to trump to heed a lawyer’s advice to keep trump out of legal jeopardy.

You can be sure MAGA has infected the Secret Service and we will see how much when they deny the whole trump steering wheel incident all together.

13 Likes

At the time, it was this guy:

11 Likes

… will definitely be played by Dan Levy in the movie

8 Likes

Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

16 Likes

Drip, drip, drip.

13 Likes

There’s only going to be one word out of his mouth and it starts with f and ends with h.

8 Likes