Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

Now do Roger Stone.

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes has been acquitted, along with two other defendants, of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding

Kinda what Jan 6 was about for those assholes. What am I missing?

14 Likes

I wonder if Elmer is any relation to fellow white supremacist monster Cecil Rhodes, the colonizing tyrant who ruled over vast swaths of Southern Africa, named an entire country after himself and still somehow has a prestigious postgraduate scholarship award bearing his name.

Good to see the Rhodes family isn’t getting away with all that shit anymore.

(Edited for accuracy)

11 Likes

I am not. :wink:

18 Likes

… at least somebody is :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Which country is still named after him? As your link says,

Rhodes and his British South Africa Company colonised the southern African territory of Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe and Zambia)

Not that Rhodesia isn’t still alive in another sick sense that’s entirely relevant to the connection you made:

Nostalgia for Rhodesia has since grown into a subtle and profitable form of racist messaging, with its own line of terminology, hashtags and merchandise, peddled to military-history fans and firearms enthusiasts by a stew of far-right provocateurs.

In conversations and email exchanges with The New York Times, some prominent social-media figures and companies selling Rhodesia-themed merchandise denied trafficking in white-power messages, or said they had done so unwittingly. A few said their affinity for Rhodesia derived from the government’s supposed anticommunist stance.

But outside observers of this Rhodesia revival cite a far more disturbing inspiration for it: Dylann Roof, the American white supremacist who killed nine black parishioners in a Charleston, S.C. church in June 2015. Roof, who was sentenced to death last year, had penned an online manifesto, which appeared on a website called The Last Rhodesian, with photographs of himself wearing a jacket with a patch of the green-and-white Rhodesian flag.

13 Likes

You are correct and I have edited for clarification. Still long past due to strip the bastard’s name from all the other stuff bearing it. Though I suppose renaming the dog breed “Zambian Ridgeback” would mean sacrificing the alliteration.

12 Likes

Isn’t that the new GMC 4x4?

10 Likes

Zambian Zoomer!

Happy So Excited GIF by Maryanne Chisholm - MCArtist

18 Likes

“Unwittingly”? More like “oops, I got caught”.

8 Likes
12 Likes

#arewethebaddies

6 Likes

13 Likes

Archive version: archive.ph

17 Likes
15 Likes

The FBI should break down the doors and search them all. You’ve lied numerous times about not having classified documents.

23 Likes

Maybe they should meet Donnie at Ivana’s grave sight and ask him some questions while noting his eye movement?

the mentalist GIF

13 Likes

ABOUT FUCKING TIME :grimacing:

13 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/mark-meadows-exchanged-texts-with-34-members-of-congress-about-plans-to-overturn-the-2020-election

21 Likes

Lock them up! Lock them up!!!

17 Likes

I’m only dimly aware of how journalism works; can someone elaborate on: Why does TPM have this, and not, say, WaPo?

7 Likes