Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

9 Likes

I seriously hope that this is as promising as it sounds like it might be.

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

12 Likes

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

8 Likes

Thanks.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Lock her up.

12 Likes

Another depressing take on the state of things.

7 Likes

Re: Revised hearing sched…

Federal agents issued new subpoenas regarding the January 6 riot at the US Capitol and raided the homes of two people involved in the plot to overturn the 2020 presidential election, The Washington Post reported.

The FBI confirmed to The Post that it conducted authorised law enforcement activity at the home of Brad Carver, who allegedly signed a document to be a Trump elector, as well as Thomas Lane, who worked on Trump’s effort to overturn the election in Arizona and New Mexico.

Round 'em up!

10 Likes

i almost replied to @Mindysan33 's post re:

“If he is the nominee, if he was up against Biden, I’d vote for him again,” Bowers said. “Simply because what he did the first time, before COVID, was so good for the county. In my view it was great.”

the dude had people showing up at his house – sometimes carrying guns – to harass him and his family. people who were quite literally sent by trump.

what the frak? you love locking up kids in cages so much that you’re willing to endure the threats and harassment? you love those sweet tax breaks so much that you’re totally okay with all of the americans killed by trump’s deliberate mishandling of the pandemic? you’d be totally happy with him trying once again to overthrow the american constitution that you profess to love so much?

ridiculous.

the only way it makes sense – to me at least – is that his testimony is a self-congratulations tour for being right about the law. not any actual morality. i shudder to think about the number of bodies he must have buried in his basement.

11 Likes

Pretty much. Special place in hell, etc. etc.

8 Likes

11 Likes

Makes me wanna weep for joy.

3 Likes

The term “alternate electors” should never be used anywhere by legitimate media, just as none of them supremist mass shooters have written a “manifesto.” They are “fraudelent electors” or “fake electors,” as seen here in one instance.

“The senator had no involvement in the creation of an alternate slate of electors and had no foreknowledge that it was going to be delivered to our office. This was a staff to staff exchange,”

Yeah, suuuuurrrreee.

11 Likes

Apparently, today’s has been pushed back to 3pm…

9 Likes

Sean Penn’s at today’s hearing?

5 Likes

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

6 Likes

How about you go back to your office and we’ll call you when there is an oil spill…

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

13 Likes

They opened today’s hearings with a promise that we’re finally gonna hear the names of the congresscritters who approached the Trump White House requesting pardons right after the insurrection. That’s a clever way to keep an audience engaged.

14 Likes

Also a clever way to make those people sweat a little more today.

Lawyers for said people are going to get calls any moment now…

15 Likes

Good: I’m swamped with work, but I still wanted to listen.

11 Likes