Joe Biden accused of sexual assault

That is exactly what the republicans thought about Ford

1 Like

If the man that stuck a finger inside you is about to become president, you speak up even if it was too horrible to relive it before.

Why didn’t she do it when he was running to be vicepresident?

You will have to ask her. But apparently CNN, ABC, NBC are not even remotely interested in asking her anything.

1 Like

But you seem to know, you are offering your own explanations. I am not questioning her testimony, I am questioning your reasoning.

1 Like

So, you’re saying, believe the victim and vote for Donnie, or don’t believe the victim and then we’re blaming the victim?

I am questioning why the press is not covering this. I am not questioning the veracity of her claims. Others here are doing that. I have zero independent information about what happened between them that day but abundant evidence the press seems to not care.

1 Like

broadchurch-sad|nullxnull

10 Likes

no

no

I am saying the press is not looking into this with the same passion as they have in the past and that speaks to their integrity.

1 Like

Read the Salon article above. It explains why. The press is investigating, but they are taking their time to get it right.

3 Likes

I have read the Salon article but am unconvinced. CNN has not mentioned her name a single time but jumped on other stories of the same nature with voracity. A very unusual phenomenon to say the least.

1 Like

If you’re looking for CNN for either leadership or journalistic integrity, you’re looking in the wrong place. Try Teen Vogue.

3 Likes

I don’t look to CNN for journalistic integrity. I am critisizing them and the rest of the mainstream media for their handling of this. I was also amazed this thread was 7 days dormant and only had 10 posts. It seemed weird wich made me think the accusation had been shown to be a fraud.

2 Likes

Or would you say he speaks truth?

or praise him for his work to end sexual assault?

That is more corroboration than Christine Blasey Ford had—she hadn’t told anyone at the time of her assault, yet her accusation was front-page news. But I also think that the particular reasons Marcotte and Jezebel have for casting doubt on Tara Reade do not hold up, and I would like to go through all the current criticisms of Reade and show why they are so weak. In fact, I think they are totally indefensible. Those who make them are casting doubt on a victim for no good reason, and suggesting that women who come forward should be disbelieved on spurious grounds. Ultimately, those who have criticized and ignored Tara Reade are doing serious damage to the MeToo movement by suggesting that women like Reade may well simply be delusional or lying; and, until they can prove that they are not delusional or lying, their claims can be set aside.

12 Likes

So what are you suggesting we do regarding Joe Biden’s nomination? Are you saying vote for Bernie as a write in? Vote for Donald? Don’t vote? Because all three of those are the same result, basically voter suppression to re-elect Donald Trump.

Why didn’t Bernie bring this up? Why didn’t any other candidate bring this up? Why is it just Donald Trump that’s bringing this up?

Back before the story came out, I actually warned Tara myself during our conversation that it didn’t sound from Marcotte’s inquiries that she was interested in being fair and recommended being cautious about her.

This is a really fucked up thing to do. To highlight the corroboration of the story but also talk about how you personally created a partisan divide to discredit other journalists asking for corroboration is just further toying with this woman’s life for the writer’s own personal partisanship. This guy even goes to great lengths to discredit feminists writer as being fake feminists who were just out to put out hit pieces or find hit pieces when he himself wanted that divide between more mainstream Democrat and progressive journalists.

So now I’m also a person reserving judgement not for some love of the DNC or Biden, but because there is shit like this out there purposely clouding the waters and then bragging about their personal clarity on the issue.

2 Likes

It seems to me that Biden will have to address this allegation. There is still time to select a different presidential candidate, but it is going to be more awkward if Biden resists withdrawing. Anyway, I think that Trump can still be defeated in November. Don’t lose hope.

2 Likes

Soon after Ms. Reade made the new allegation, in a podcast interview released on March 25, The Times began reporting on her account and seeking corroboration through interviews, documents and other sources. The Times interviewed Ms. Reade on multiple days over hours, as well as those she told about Mr. Biden’s behavior and other friends. The Times has also interviewed lawyers who spoke to Ms. Reade about her allegation; nearly two dozen people who worked with Mr. Biden during the early 1990s, including many who worked with Ms. Reade; and the other seven women who criticized Mr. Biden last year, to discuss their experiences with him.

So, actually doing a newspaper’s job.

1 Like

I would imagine Bernie, who although I don’t agree with completely, has integrity and did not want to use this as a way to win votes and my respect for him certainly went up a notch. As far as what to do come election, I have my formula. I am not saying it is for everyone, but it works great for me as I keep my integrity and don’t get covered in political slime. I vote for the candidate that is running, from any party, that I think will run the government services most effectively, and will respect the constitution most strictly. I don’t care wich color armband they are wearing, I don’t listen to any of their promises during the campaign, just what they did in the past.

1 Like