Joe Biden on Texas ending the mask mandate: "Neanderthal thinking"

Originally published at: Joe Biden on Texas ending the mask mandate: "Neanderthal thinking" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

18 Likes

Anthropological evidence tells us that Neanderthals cared for and looked after each other.

#notallneanderthals

57 Likes

Blatant speciesism from Biden.

17 Likes

“Now that is just plain offensive.”

45 Likes

Evg3_pFXcAUDZ9i

60 Likes

I think part of that comes from not doing well in school and reacting to being shown up by smarter students: Knowledgeable well-educated people are despised; what the aforementioned know means diddly, and what can’t be understood can be summarily dismissed as not worth knowing anyway. Stinking, festering jealousy all the way down.

17 Likes

He should not cast aspersions on Neanderthals like that. All evidence says that they were caring, intelligent beings who cared for the less fortunate and treated them with dignity. The complete opposite of the current TGQP.

Neanderthal healthcare practices crucial to survival – ScienceDaily

24 Likes

I know a quite-left-wing anthropologist that would definitely take offense at this.

6 Likes

Relevant to the recent discussion here about meritocracy (The dystopian roots of the concept of "Meritocracy")

I recently came across a review of this book
Head Hand Heart: The Struggle for Dignity and Status in the 21st Century
But that review was behind a paywall, so here’s another review.

The basic premise is not dissimilar to Michael Sandel’s, and goes directly to your comment above: That the non-intellectual who are the Hearts and Hands have had enough of society’s denigration of Hands and Hearts and lauding of the Heads.

2 Likes

That’s okay. Covid-deniers are more likely to see it as a pejorative. :wink:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Are we talking about the “non-intellectuals” who stormed the capital and/or who deny Science, or the “heads” like Dr. Fauci?

6 Likes

Ummm - Both? (Not sure I properly understand the question.)

1 Like
7 Likes
3 Likes

Premature Demaskulation.

9 Likes

19 Likes

13 Likes

Now see, if Biden had used that phrase, mask usage would have gone waaaaaay up! I mean UP!

4 Likes