Josh Duggar poses with his important pals

Nobody is saying the politicians took the pics.

1 Like

Side note: Sarah Palin is violating the flag code in that photo. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4703359

3 Likes

But when people associated him with it lots of people cried foul…(And he KNEW Ayers was a terrorist whose only regret was that he didn’t succeed in burning a family to death.) it’s perfectly fair to assume he agreed.

Some citations would be useful there, or you’ll risk losing your reputation for principled impartiality.
You also might want to argue EITHER “Republican attempts to smear Obama with Ayers’ crime were rightly condemned”, OR “Republican attempts to smear Obama with Ayers’ crime were completely justified”, but not both.

I am trying to imagine the pleasure with which Duggar’s family received the news that he has left his lobbying position at the Family Research Council in order to spend more time with them.

3 Likes

It’s been an open secret for close to a decade, but don’t let that stop you from continuing to defend your preferred politicians.

You are free to welcome people who act like this among your flock.

4 Likes

For students of internet cultural marxist feminism, that link from 2007 is not to be missed. Both for Alice’s clear-eyed, heartbreaking truth-telling, and Robert’s typical and repeated male skepticism/dismissal.

I’m not.
I’m saying that smearing Obama with Ayers’ crimes has more justification than attempts to smear politicians with Dugger’s crimes…he actually knew about Ayers’ past, and it wasn’t widely known of the Dugger accusations until recently.

It certainly hasn’t been widely talked about until now…I doubt the politicians bothered to investigate (which is on them) a person who was the star of a tv show…they probably assumed the network had vetted them.

You assume too much about my preferred politicians. I just dislike the tactic of “Here’s a pic of X with (insert demon of the day), he must support the evil act.” My preferred politicians have no chance to win (think John Huntsman) and never will.

This is priceless…let’s just keep posting copies of this till the next election!

1 Like

I appreciate how you’re more worried about the political implications for your favorite candidates than the actions of a serial rapist and the celebrities your favorite candidates seek endorsement for who covered up his crimes.

3 Likes

ZING!!

1 Like

Since which time at least one of the pictured politicians has come out in support of Duggar. So far.

Someone should make a Duggar Paedo Pol Bingo card. Huckabee is apparently the free center square. (oh the metaphor)

At the VERY least, he should have been removed from the home where he was molesting his sisters, and gotten help of some kind. They sent him to work for a friend of the family for a while, and publicly shamed him at their church. That’s it. He received no therapy or help, and the molested daughters, even less. No wonder why the daughters were so eager to get married and get out of that hell hole.

According to the teachings of their church, they probably blamed the girls…

3 Likes

Mike Huckabee is defending the family as some sorts of paragons of morality. No. They aren’t. Even before these became apparent they were no one to really look up to. Women are not broodmares and helpmeets. We’re human beings. We’re not here to breed an army (the goal of the quiverful movement). We’re here to pursue our own lives and happiness. We are not property of men. No one should have been defending them BEFORE this came out. Now, even less so.

5 Likes

Oh, they did - of course they did. Gawker had some of their homeschooling teaching and it deals with stuff like this and it specifically blames the victim for “immodesty”.

What gets me about this mindset, more than anything else, is that it imagines men as the founts of all that is good and right, yet women can easily tempt them. So… what is it? Are men independent, strong, and masculine? Or are they helpless little things who crumble at the site of side boob and become unstoppable raping machines? I mean, give me a fucking break. That’s the thing I think lots of people don’t get about these gender issues - they can be nearly as destructive and disrespectful to men as well as women. Men are and can be better than having no control over their genitals.

2 Likes

https://defeatingthedragons.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/how-josh-duggar-is-getting-away-with-it/

This was apparently the Duggar’s home schooling curriculum on sexual abuse:

Reading: You should look into it.
“You assume too much about my preferred politicians.” They aren’t my preferred candidates. You’re projecting…perhaps you cannot make observations about tactics without doing ti to defend your preferred candidates, but others can. Heck, I’ve defended Obama from stupid attacks, and he was certainly far from my preferred candidate.

“In 1969 he co-founded the Weather Underground, a self-described communist revolutionary group[2] that conducted a campaign of bombing
public buildings (including police stations, the U.S. Capitol Building,
and the Pentagon) during the 1960s and 1970s in response to U.S.
involvement in the Vietnam War.”
From Wikipedia

From the dude Ayers tried to kill.

HOLY FUCK

Is that a ‘get the fuck over it, you had it coming, now do what God says’ flowchart?

2 Likes