Kellyanne Conway: lies are "alternative facts" and if the press says otherwise, there's gonna be trouble

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” - 1984

27 Likes

If it fixes Assange’s “I’m stuck in an embassy” problem, they’ll be friends for life. Trump could end the Grand Jury investigation of Wikileaks that has been going on for years.

4 Likes

Is it possible that Sean Spencer just made his first hostage video over the weekend?

7 Likes

I wish Yolandi was in the White House…

10 Likes

From what I can see, the idea these days is “Whatever makes Assange look good or helps him politically.”

5 Likes

Even more wonderful when Fancyquote turns it into a motivational poster:

1 Like

Hassan i-Sabbah said it first. Burroughs was quoting him. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I thought perhaps Spicer’s choice of attire was a clever meta-reference to “Stop Making Sense.”

26 Likes

Wikileaks are anarchists and are true to their principles and equally shine sunlight in dark places (except of course when their target is a woman running for office). They are friends of no one in power (except of course for Putin, because he’s cool).

5 Likes

No illusions about that. I think Burroughs was upfront about that. You just don’t see Sabbah getting the motivational poster credit he deserves though.

2 Likes

God, I feel like I´m stuck in Transmetropolitain, unfortunatly with no Spider Jerusalem in sight.

11 Likes

Basically Trump sent his press secretary out to defend Trump’s penis size.

13 Likes

Can someone please buy this guy a suit that fits. Or get him to a tailor so he can get what has fixed to fit better.
I mean if he’s going to be the presidents lier for a living he should at least look ok doing it and not like a newly hired car salesmen.

2 Likes

Yes, but she might bring Ninja. You don’t want a violent hothead in the White House.

5 Likes

Gucci. Her outfit was Gucci.

1 Like

I don’t know, I think Assange is trying to play all sides to his advantage. I know he denies Russia was the source of the Clinton stuff, but I’m not sure he can really know that, and it benefits him to claim otherwise. Putin controls a much slicker, deeper operation than wikileaks. I can see a future where wikileaks becomes another pawn in the spy games of the world-- get dirt on your enemy, create false provenance, feed to wikileaks.

7 Likes

Alt + Right + Del ?

I’m only missing one key to make it happen :open_mouth:

17 Likes

Well isn’t that a spin on Nixon’s ‘it’s not illegal when the president does it.’

4 Likes

This whole crowd size thing has heartened me, actually. During the campaign, when the media was pouring tankers of gasoline onto the Turmp garbage fire, I really didn’t think about how that same media would treat him once he won.

But of course, “omg Turmp might become president” is no longer a story. Pretending that Turmp and the GOP could somehow be seen as acceptable is no longer the way to generate news-hungry panic. And on a personnel level, Turmp has already actively burned bridges with 90% of the news industry, with no sign that he’s able or willing to stop. The next four years could make the press’s alleged hostility to Nixon look like a Sylvanian Families yiffing party.

And I’m not talking about wordy, scolding editorials no Turmp supporter will ever read. I’m talking about stuff like that before-and-after photo with the white tarps, and those videos of sad empty bleachers. I think that sort of image control is highly effective on Turmp’s supporters (and so does he, which is why he cares), and the news industry has armies of people who are extremely good at it. It’s sort of like Gargamel picking a fight with Satan.

18 Likes

My folks and family are pro trump. They see the already emerging media backlash as ‘proof’ o an ‘idiot liberal’ media.

4 Likes