Kellyanne Conway: lies are "alternative facts" and if the press says otherwise, there's gonna be trouble

Reorienting event: that thing which makes you stop thinking about whatever you were thinking about before you started thinking about whatever you’re thinking about now.

One or two of these a day of sufficient magnitude and you don’t cover much ground, mentally, at all. You’re in a reactive mode. You’re being driven.

4 Likes

He’s just trying to get noticed for his broad shoulders! #alternativefact

2 Likes
23 Likes

Really? Why? He needs to be there to blame for every one of their plans. It’s not the GOP that fucked Medicare permanently, it was Trump, you see?

1 Like

Not even in this thread is that true.

1 Like

I’m sure they do, and some people will stick permanently at that point. But broadly speaking, anyone who was caught up in the TV stream of consciousness that brought Turmp to this point is probably still being carried along in that same stream. If it now treats him as it treated Hillary Clinton, or Lance Armstrong, or Osama bin Laden, then for how many days / months / years will they resist that? If someone was that immune to media tricks, it’s hard to see how they’d have become a Turmp supporter to begin with.

(I don’t mean that in a patronising way. There are lots of mainstream outlets that, if I didn’t actively avoid them, would certainly have altered my views on various things)

They’re not going to be bathed in the white light of instant revelation, no, but it chips at their sense of whether he’s a winner; and there are 1400-odd days of this left to go.

6 Likes

Plus only 100K Trump (or Stein) voters in the Midwest need to change their votes to get rid of him next time.

4 Likes

“Resolve to be honest at all events; and if in your judgment you cannot be an honest lawyer, resolve to be honest without being a lawyer spout ‘alternative facts’ until enough people believe you.” --Abraham Lincoln

See, the “Party of Lincoln” is just as good as ol’ Honest Abe!

6 Likes

For the grossly impudent lie Alternative Fact always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars Unbiased Experts in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying Press Conferences.

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X[1] - My Presidency, D Trump.

7 Likes
27 Likes

Is that KellyAnn Conway in that picture?

Hey, at least it’s a bit more imaginative than a black overcoat.

3 Likes

14 Likes

I see what was done there.

Honesty Alternative facts [are] the first chapter of the book of wisdom.” --Thomas Jefferson

“I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue alternative facts enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” --George Washington

“I would rather the man who presents something for my consideration subject me to a zephyr of truth and a gentle breeze of responsibility rather than blow me down with a curtain of hot air.” --Grover Cleveland

7 Likes

You’re just differently-moralled.

9 Likes

Anyone else who didn’t need that mental image?

5 Likes

16 Likes

@smut_clyde
Efficient individuals occupy the whole of the ethical landscape imposed by the legal environment. Moral considerations that further reduce the universe of allowable behaviors are neither necessary nor desirable.

4 Likes

“And ye shall know the truth alternative facts, and the truth alternative facts shall make you free [from shame].”
- John 8:32

6 Likes

Best example of alternative facts, Trump saying this:

“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

19 Likes