Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

I guess they decided separating kids from parents was getting bad press, so they started separating parents from kidsโ€ฆ Waitโ€ฆ

4 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Are you saying Republicans lied? Good Lord! How can such a thing be?

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

9 Likes

โ€œ HARRISBURG, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) โ€” 16-year-old Autumn Williams says sheโ€™s still trying to understand how the blonde hair color in her braids was deemed unnatural at her Chick-Fil-A job.

She says she felt singled out and embarrassed.โ€

4 Likes

Chick-fill-A is unnatural, so there is that.

11 Likes

Will they stop serving blue-haired grandmothers at the drive-through?

8 Likes

Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™re applying this standard to every bleach blonde woman in their employ regardless of race. Itโ€™s not their natural hair color.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Iโ€™m shocked that the womenfolk at Holy Chicken are even permitted to show their hair in public at all.

6 Likes

Since her decision to quit, Williams says sheโ€™s filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

And you know full well that dog-damned middle management person will keep their job no matter what. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Probably not. Fast food managers are expendable. The CFA executive(s) who hires asshole managers and encourage this kind of bigotry will remain untouched, though.

5 Likes

Conservatives: โ€˜Man, liberals have some weird litmus tests. If youโ€™re not woke they wonโ€™t even talk to you.โ€™

Also conservatives:

7 Likes

Richard Hanania, a visiting scholar at the University of Texas, used the pen name โ€œRichard Hosteโ€ in the early 2010s to write articles where he identified himself as a โ€œrace realist.โ€ He expressed support for eugenics and the forced sterilization of โ€œlow IQโ€ people, who he argued were most often Black. He opposed โ€œmiscegenationโ€ and โ€œrace-mixing.โ€ And once, while arguing that Black people cannot govern themselves, he cited the neo-Nazi author of โ€œThe Turner Diaries,โ€ the infamous novel that celebrates a future race war.

A decade later, writing under his real name, Hanania has ensconced himself in the national mainstream media, writing op-eds in the countryโ€™s biggest papers, bending the ears of some of the worldโ€™s wealthiest men and lecturing at prestigious universities, all while keeping his past white supremacist writings under wraps.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Wow, seeing this sort of thing so often makes me think we should have an โ€œitโ€™s always projectionโ€ topicโ€ฆ

5 Likes

Youโ€™re in it!

7 Likes

A nice big judicial โ€œfuck off Texas GOP.โ€ Itโ€™s not enough and it will be appealed. But this is good

12 Likes

While this is legally, a win, it still leaves actual providers, where the outcome is not known ahead of time, in a position of having to think about โ€œhow much time and legal risk am I willing to commit when the second cousin twice removed of this patient decides to try to claim that bounty on me?โ€ This law was never really meant for enforcement. it was meant for intimidation. If medical providers are facing financial and professional ruin for delivering certain procedures, they are going to avoid those procedures. I sympathize with these guys. We spent many years and many dollars to get to where we are, and the government in TX is saying that โ€œif we decide this pregnancy was not as unviable as you say, we will take your livelihood and ruin you, potentially imprison you. But you go ahead and use your judgement.โ€ I do not envy these guys being in this position. Unfortunately, the fascists are getting much bolder about this, and are using these strategies to attack a wide variety of providers and patients. And the Leopards Eating Peopleโ€™s Faces are never satisfied.

13 Likes