Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 4)

True, but again, that’s likely ONLY because of his desire to impose his own fucked up beliefs on the rest of us… which I know you know. But Johnson isn’t nearly as clever as he thinks he is, and I’m sure Jefferies is totally aware of that.

I guess I don’t know how that gets accomplished in the current environment, as long as the head of the snake is still alive? They’ve already chopped up some of the tail (the people who participated in the storming of the capitol) and then some of the people in Trump’s white house orbit have seen some consequences, but I don’t know if going after sitting members before Trump sees some from the courts. I don’t know how that’d go over, and I’m guessing that’s what they’re banking on (as frustrating as that’s been for us and probably them to). I’m guessing, too, that Raskin’s has plans on this stuff? And there is also SCOTUS acting in bad faith sometimes to contend with. If they moved to get those guys out, and SCOTUS nixed it, well, then what happens then?

I get that, wanting to do something about the insurrectionist in their midst, but it seems like it would be a far more effective strategy to go after the head and then worry about the rest after. Each day that they’re in office, you can see more and more of their designs, providing more and more evidence to all of us… I get that it doesn’t FEEL like anything is happening, but it is, and my hope is that this is slowly all coming to fruition.

Maybe I’m wrong, and I have too much faith in people here, but I think there is planning happening, but they’re actual bound by the things that they care about, which is the rules and laws of (our sometimes frustratingly stupid) country.

5 Likes
11 Likes

Bully logic, essentially… :rage:

10 Likes

Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

So Buck might have been right? But I’ll note, as I noted in that thread, they are cowards for not sticking around and fixing their own party. They are really responsible for this mess that we’re all in now, and they refuse to do anything about it. I’m beyond frustrated with just how little these fuckers are willing to do even the most minor of things (like play nice with the Democrats, maybe, to get real shit done) to SAVE THE FUCKING COUNTRY from the fascists IN THEIR OWN PARTY…

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

11 Likes

I don’t know about Jeffries, but according to HCR, some other Democrats

have suggested they would vote to keep him in the chair if he would agree to bring a vote on aid for Ukraine to the floor.

Representative Jamie Raskin (D-MD) told CNN that he would “make common cause with anybody who will stand up for the people of Ukraine, anybody who will get desperately needed humanitarian assistance to Gaza, and anybody who will work for a two state solution. I’m up for conversations with anybody.”

Source:

12 Likes

Thanks! I seem to remember some reporting a while back with Jefferies explicitly saying that, but I don’t remember when or where it was? Could be I’m mis-remembering it and it was that… But either way, I don’t think that’s the right move, but I’m guessing that they’re betting on moderating him until the election, when they hope to take the house again?

7 Likes
11 Likes

And assholes will just get someone on the block set up a “church” in their basements to further harass people.

8 Likes

:rage::rage::rage:

8 Likes

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

One of the planners and founders of Jan6th? What kind of fascist-normalizing bullshit is that?

10 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
13 Likes

Sucks that he had to grow up in an environment like that one

12 Likes

i’m guessing the gop just havent heard about this study yet /s

The higher the representation of black physicians in the workforce per county was associated less death of any cause for county residents, Black and White patients. Thus, even people not actively being treated by Black physicians benefitted from their presence

“We found that diversifying the physician workforce … is important for improving public health,” Dill told ABC News

14 Likes

I remind you of the GOP response to the early days of the pandemic, when it was mostly concentrated in large urban areas.

They see it as a feature, not a bug.

11 Likes

I’m sure they have heard of it. Improving the lives of not-white, cis, straight, rich men gives them an attack of the vapors, dontchaknow
Monsters Inc Fainting GIF by Disney Pixar

13 Likes

a book review of Timothy Rybeck’s Takeover, Hitler’s Final Rioze to Power

6 Likes

The development came just weeks after Fariss was acquitted of felony hit-and-run and malicious wounding charges after being accused last year of striking his ex-girlfriend with his SUV after they had argued. Fariss — of Campbell County, just outside of Lynchburg — was convicted of a less serious charge of improper driving and ordered to pay a $500 fine.

I begin to think Youngkin and his buddies are not sending their best. Preferential treatment, then repeat offense. Will he get another slap on the wrist, you think?

15 Likes