Leaked audio allegedly captures racist tirade by Nazi media darling Richard Spencer

When I’m feeling particularly down about humanity - how we’ve poisoned our environment, how we’ve slaughtered entire species for no purpose, how we’ve doomed ourselves to a painful extinction, I watch the clip of that one dude punching Richard Spencer, and it reassures me we’re still capable of greatness.

17 Likes

I think technically that award is a tie…with all of them coming in first/last place.

2 Likes

I too have questioned which joint or joints contacted his stupid, stupid face.

2 Likes

Not because it is easy, but because it is hard!

(He was punched hard)

4 Likes

Yep. Far more pathetic than it was terrifying.

That’s why these people love the idea of institutionalized racism and inequality so much. They realize that, all else being equal, pretty much everybody works harder than they do, and is smarter than they are. If we all had to start over again from scratch, they would be royally fucked.

14 Likes

Seems legit.

2 Likes

“Coked-out cobra commander rant” is some real S-rank quippery.

21 Likes

4 Likes

Probably not an elbow strike, or at least not a solid one. My aikido teacher warned us that if you are going to do a solid elbow strike to the head, you shouldn’t bother with the ambulance. Just call the cops to report you killed someone.

3 Likes

The only way to answer that is to watch the video a few hundred more times.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Depends on the elbower and the head, and really you can pull any strike. It’s not one of the moves disallowed in UFC. I’ve been hit with them through padding and they are definitely easier than taking a knee to the head. Comparable to kicks.

Note: Avoid getting hit in the head if possible.

4 Likes

Needs more data points.

Get Nazi McPunchface back out here…

14 Likes

OK, I don’t think we should be comparing this guy to Cobra Commander. Yes he was a lunatic who wanted to take over the world, but I also don’t recall him making any racist rants. Cobra Commander wasn’t as big of a piece of shit as this guy.

6 Likes

“Mulatto” and “Octoroon” are words I’ve heard so rarely I often forget what they refer to, so when I do hear them I usually get a mental image of an iced Starbucks beverage and a coconut-based cookie, respectively.

11 Likes
14 Likes
5 Likes

I had that story in a link in the comment box when you posted. I found it funny because it says “tape leaked by rival.” I could just imagine reading that headline and thinking “rival” meant someone who was anti-white-supremacist. An opponent or an adversary. Instead the headline should be read:

White supremacist Richard Spencer makes racist slurs on tape leaked by rival white supremacist

But it’s nice that the Guardian will just plainly state facts:

Spencer popularized the term “alt right” to describe a politics that combined racist white nationalism, isolationism, and criticism of mainstream conservatism.

13 Likes

Hm. The punch video was the second punch that day.

10 Likes

I tend to go in the opposite direction there, when I hear words that sound similar, I start feeling uncomfortable (without even necessarily realizing why). Though when it comes to mixing up things with coconut based confections, I have a different set of associations/confusions:

I can’t hear the name of the French president without thinking, “Yes, that is the kind of confection you want leading a country.”

@Mindysan33 Gods, it’s true: I just can’t get enough. People need to be punching Nazis, including Richard Spencer, a lot more.

15 Likes