Leaked audio allegedly captures racist tirade by Nazi media darling Richard Spencer

Speak of the devil, a new Form 990 for 2018! Their assets went up $50k. Pity.

Still no sign of the Red Skull on the board.

4 Likes

Twitter removed the quoted “second punch” tweet and Youtube removed the video for going against guidelines about bullying.

Spencer still has a Twitter account to recruit neo-Nazis.

11 Likes

And a great alliteration.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1191352371647074304?s=21

13 Likes

Apropos, this has been returning:

Why yes, I do see some volunteer Nazi Safety Advocates around.

14 Likes

Here’s the YouTube link. And here’s his Reverse Racism routine.

7 Likes

Sadly, as a biracial Black person who grew up in the Midwest, I know those terms better than I want to. There used to be a website dedicated to documenting the known terminology and celeb who are of mixed race, called MixedFolks.com, but apparently it’s now defunct. (Looks like they were targeted by stormfront a few years back.)

Here’s a vestige from that forum,l though:

http://www.mix-d.org/files/resources/Terminology_Chart_09.pdf

9 Likes

consider it a legacy of past injustices that people felt a need to devise the vocabulary necessary to describe racial mixture that finely.

Technically, though, Alexandre Dumas, fil is described in this wikipedia article on racial categories as an octoroon. Maybe he has some coolness factor left?

1 Like

Wouldn’t the exercise have to be carried out numerous more times and many videos taken for comparison?

Science!

4 Likes

What piece of shit felt that they needed to define people down to a sixteenth of a race?

FFFFFUUUUCCCCKKK!

Time for some semi-relevant Mr. Show.

4 Likes

agreed. I contemplated making a pedantic comment about that being an elbow not a punch. laughing at myself for how it doesnt matter but yet facts are facts. XD

1 Like

The people who “felt the need” were slave-owners. It’s language that documents past injustices, but that’s not why it was devised.

9 Likes

The kind that has no actual value or worth to our fragile & flawed species, outside of their manufactured construct of ‘superiority’ based upon a superficial physical attribute like a lack of melanin?

Just guessin’…

10 Likes

Before, and no doubt after the civil war, Louisiana thought the term “sang-mele” (1/64 african ancestry) was legally significant. This may have been a French legalism.

But the terms octoroon and quadroon didn’t appear on the US census until 1890. In 1900 they were replaced with “Negro or Negro Descent”-- which might well have been related to the “One Drop” rule.

4 Likes

What second punch tweet?

12 Likes

It’s been said before, but I’ll say it again. A nazi in a suit is still a nazi.

7 Likes

Apparently, Spencer got punched twice that same day, but only one of the assaults went viral.

14 Likes

I took a 6 month break from social media and now I’m confused, did a section of the population get mind wiped while I was gone?

I mean I’m pretty sure everyone who didn’t already know found out he was a racist wazzock about the time he got memed while explaining his meme pin.

1 Like

Sang-mele means “half-blood” and was used generally for people considered mixed-race. It’s not a legalism, it was a common name to call people not considered white. Calling someone with 1/64 african ancestry “sang-mele” would be deeply committing to a racist idea of “White purity”.

There really is no “maybe” about these terms when it comes to why they were used. They were used to call people “not-white” both legally and socially, in support of the racist belief that some black heritage made a person inferior.

Octoroon and Quadroon gained currency in English because of slave-traders, and were kept in people’s vocabularies because of later racist State laws designed to separate “non-whites” from “whites”.

It’s always been a racist framing, and people used it for racist purposes. The terms didn’t self-form from happenstance as a neutral legal nicety.

8 Likes

This feels like the third time I’m telling you. Octoroon was popularised in english by slave-traders and the slave trade. It wasn’t a pop-culture reference or rarified legalism. It was a basic racist trope, reinforced in common life to support a system of racist social control. It was also restated by racist “moral philosophers”, but they were selling a way of thought already ascribed to by everyday slavers.

As you say, Spencer wasn’t quoting an abolitionist play, or the census, when he said “They get ruled by people like me. Little fucking octaroons.”

He was using it in the original common and racist way, to support the idea that anything not “purely white” is inferior.

10 Likes