Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium COVID-19 vaccination site closed by protestors

Yesterday driving home I was stopped at a light, and saw a couple of guys on the corner with big lit up signs saying “jesus saves” and “hear the good news.”

I rolled my window down and called them over.

Me: “Why are you waving these signs?”
Street preachers: “what?”
Me: “Why are you waving these signs here on a street corner?”
SP: “to tell everyone the good news!”
Me: “no, but why though? This is America. Literally everyone knows about jesus. The president spent a bunch of time talking about him on inauguration day too. Nobody’s mind is being blown by your message.”
SP: “what?”
Me: “you’re literally wasting your time. Everyone knows about jesus. Why don’t you figure out something interesting to put on your signs. Like ‘wear a mask’ or ‘get vaccinated’ or ‘eat more vegetables’”

Then the light turned green.

Yes, I’m a lot of fun at parties.

67 Likes

I once had a street preacher tell me I was worse than Hitler.

His logic was that, “Sure, Hitler killed millions of people, but you want to kill god.” I told him something like, “I’m sure god can take care of him/her self.”

21 Likes

pandejo

Clever!

7 Likes

LAPD certainly does seem to have a different policy for dealing with rightwing protests…

17 Likes

That is insane and fucking depressing.

I don’t know how we fix these people’s minds. People this batshit crazy just seem to keep proliferating instead of going away.

We are going to be overrun by diseased idiots soon.

Someone please tell me how I can fix my country, ffs!

9 Likes

If antimaskers and antivaxxers and pandejos go to heaven, I’m going to hell BY CHOICE so I don’t have to spend eternity with these idiots!

8 Likes

Oxymoron.

6 Likes

Did they try threatening to vaccinate them if they didn’t leave?

13 Likes

I do believe that is exactly their plan.

7 Likes

right. Had this been BLM…

" While some carried signs decrying the COVID-19 vaccine and shouting for people not to get the shots, there were no incidents of violence."

I’m thinking if there were ever a place for police violence, this is it. These assholes are trying to extend a pandemic that’s killing tons of people a day. If they force a shutdown of a vax spot, that’s very likely going to result in deaths.

How about kettling them, and allowing them to “protest” at some tiny inconvenient spot nowhere near any of the functional parts of a vaccination operation? Or is that only if you’re protesting Wall Street? Or if you’ve got more melanin and are protesting for your right to not be summarily executed by the police?

16 Likes

Round these assholes up and make them watch Caitlin Doughty’s latest video.

And maybe Beau of the 5th Column’s response video.

16 Likes

Shouldn’t that be, “Hydroxychloroquinemoron”?

@Papasan

And yet, a bunch of those who invaded the Capitol were more County Club than Trailer Park; people who could afford to fly to DC to commit treason. :thinking:

16 Likes

Christ, what a bunch of assholes.

4 Likes

Excellent moniker. MAGA is their dark mark.

3 Likes

I feel the same about the religious right’s objection to birth control. “It’s against god’s plan” is a favorite justification.

Sure. An omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being is thwarted by birth control. Who knew latex rubber was god’s kryptonite? Because as I seem to recall, last time their deity really wanted a woman pregnant, he didn’t let a little inconvenience such as virginity stop him.

16 Likes

It’s not the potential baby that is against God’s plan, it is feeling good. Anything that makes life pleasant is anathema to these assholes. At least for other people, anyway. We are meant to suffer miserably then die. It proves how much God loves us! (/s)

11 Likes

Really does beggar belief. Were these pratts (UK term of derision!) arrested? Should be put away for the rest of their natural lives. Obviously been to the Trump school of stirring up trouble about just about ANYTHING!

2 Likes

Well, since their heaven looks like everybody else’s hell, if there is is a heaven I want to go to mine in my own handbasket and let them go to hell … in theirs.

Barring using a tranquilizer gun I wouldn’t want to get close enough.

Now could one make paintball balls filled with hand sanitizer? Threatening to unload a couple volleys of those into the protestors might work, as would spraying them with sanitizer (or high proof alcohol) from a powerful water gun.

1 Like

Happily moved you to 50 likes, and also cannot agree with you more.

3 Likes

Is the collective noun, “A Ring of Assholes”?

7 Likes