MAGA man angry at Target when he spots rainbow boy shirts (video)

I mean, literally that too. When talking about things, that seems to be a dominant usage - I frequently see it get applied to subjects that aren’t political (or about discrimination or acknowledgement of such, etc.) in any way, but that the speaker clearly just didn’t like for whatever personal reasons. It really shows how the right have turned it into a meaningless term, an all-purpose boogeyman.

4 Likes

There’s a lot of family drama to unpack in the Marvel movies but few bits more awkward than when Odin shows up on the Frost Giant planet riding his grandson.

9 Likes

Grandson? Maybe nephew, but debatable.
IIRC, Odin and Loki are not relatives, but only bound by blood brotherhood.
Then Marvel might have their own interpretations of the Eddas…

3 Likes

In the Marvel comics and movies Loki is Odin’s adopted son, which would make Sleipnir Odin’s grandson.

7 Likes

Now I get why I was confused by Hela.

And thinking that as kid I read Thor comics for a full summer, with a broken leg…

5 Likes

Marvel didn’t knock themselves out trying to stay true to the source material, but given that the vast majority of the source material is lost to the ages and much of what we have is fragmented and contradictory you can’t really blame them for putting their own spin on the mythology.

7 Likes

Tried to do a deeper dive into Norse mythology after reading Neil Geiman’s book, but found that he had pretty much every bit of it in there already. So much lost. :cry:

10 Likes

I can think of clothing that’s more of an offense to good taste than rainbow t-shirts. . . .

7 Likes

Thanks, I hate it.

5 Likes

It burns! It burns like hygiene!

4 Likes

These are the people who think the US Flag Code should be enshrined into law but have no idea what the code actually says. FFS, they didn’t even orient it correctly (the blue field of stars is always supposed to be at the top left whether the flag is displayed horizontally or vertically).

7 Likes

It’s like Target’s saying the dinosaur Jesus rode to work might have been gay.

1 Like

Furthermore,

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel… (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

As for TFG hugging & kissing the flag,

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(Emphasis mine)

7 Likes

Tweedle-Dumb cosplay?

2 Likes

Agree that flag wearers are pretty sloppy.

Minor nit to pick:

Not sure that’s an “always” thing.

I’ve never served in any country’s military, so happy to be corrected: In this case, I believe the flag is to be shown as though trailing behind the wearer as they move forwards, i.e. hoist side forwards. The left shoulder would have the blue corner in the top left.

3 Likes

But the “object in motion” exception doesn’t apply in this case unless the outfit was designed assuming the wearer was going to be lying on his right side moving laterally to the left of the viewer.

2 Likes

It is, it’s over his top left nipple.

4 Likes

As opposed to his bottom left nipple? :thinking:

4 Likes

Bang Bang Finger Guns GIF by The Leftovers HBO

4 Likes

YARN | - A what? - A mammary gland. A third nipple, sir. | James Bond: The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) | Video clips by quotes | 8b38a7fe | 紗

4 Likes