'Multiple Fatalities' in Florida Mass Shooting: Suspect in Custody, 20+ Injured at Parkland's Stoneman Douglas High School

FTA:

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/964187518974472192

Hey, I have that shirt too!

It’s this:

Using this as “evidence” of “communism” would be akin to me wearing a t-shirt of Donald Trump getting fucked in the ass by a large purple dildo and saying this means I’m a Trump supporter.

13 Likes

According to the twitter thread, the person in the picture does identify as a communist, but as they are not the shooter it doesn’t mean anything regarding the mass shooting.

6 Likes

Sure – my point was whether or not a person identified as communist (and not that there’s anything wrong with that, either) using a joke t-shirt as some sort of evidence of anything is a real stretch.

And, sure, there’s the fact it wasn’t even the right person anyway. But that wasn’t the point I was going for.

6 Likes

Not just resist restriction, but actively eliminate it.

(Yes, this rather inappropriately plays into the stereotype that only mentally ill people are mass murderers, but if that’s the talking point you’re going to go with every time this happens, specifically doing the legislative opposite of addressing that problem is not a good look regardless.)

9 Likes

I keep hearing conservatives say stuff like “that kid should have been locked up long ago!” every time a disturbed teen commits an act of mass murder, but never “we need stricter regulations to make sure people like that can’t get their hands on guns!”

It’s almost as if they think the right to own a weapon of war is more important than the right to avoid imprisonment without due process.

15 Likes
15 Likes

Yes. But actually, we’re not going far enough. M16s and 50 cals should be assigned at birth, with mandatory shooting classes beginning at 3. That way there will be enough for everyone to defend his right to own them.

1 Like
14 Likes

If they would have only reported, they’d be alive to vote for me in 2020.

1 Like
11 Likes

13 Likes
16 Likes

Our leader is not nearly as charismatic.

Really, no. All that actually means is that contraband can enter your country at any point where a boat can land - which is most of it.

Our country is smaller and more urbanised so it is theoretically harder for a black market armourer to do their work without anyone noticing but not that hard - all you need is a standard lock-up or industrial unit (none of the neighbours knows or cares what goes on in one of those) and realistically even in the US an illegal arms manufactory is going to be in a town or city not 300 miles out in the middle of nowhere. If it were, it’d be even easier to spot.

I think this is an excellent question. I would also ask what is it about the US that leads people to decide that the thing to do is mass-killings.

It does seem to be a particularly American phenomenon. I can recall three instances in the UK - there may well have been more, I just can’t remember any off the top of my head. There are certainly nowhere near as many as in the US.

If this desire to attack schools (for example) was universal, I would expect us to have a similar rate of attacks - just by nutters with cheap knock-off katanas or machetes rather than guns. We don’t have that.

Why does the US?

9 Likes

I gotta say, why do the gun people get so defensive when they score a big win like this? The gun worked! It did exactly what it was designed to do and killed a huge amount of people in a very short period of time! Don’t be so afraid to give yourselves a pat on the back for a job well done.

/s?

16 Likes

I’m fairly sure that if NRA had its way, they’d rewrite the Constitution so that the guns have more rights than the people.

2 Likes

I wonder how long will the GOP wait to attack the targeted students, their and the victims families for speaking up on firearm policies

I’ve been switching between the cable channels the past few days and it seems everyone of them except Fox is comfortable with the students speaking their minds about guns

12 Likes

They’re already on it. Tomi Lahren’s been getting into Twitter spats with survivors, and there were the usual fringe “crisis actor” accusations within minutes of it happening. Plus some Boomer snarking at the students who livestreamed it.

9 Likes

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

:disappointed:

1 Like