'Multiple Fatalities' in Florida Mass Shooting: Suspect in Custody, 20+ Injured at Parkland's Stoneman Douglas High School

Found it!

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/matt_odonnell/status/964113580093247488

21 Likes

That is precisely the opposite of the truth, of course.

I mean…

7 Likes

6 Likes

Of Course Florida School Shooter Was A Girl-Hating White Supremacist. Of Course…

White supremacists have developed their own radicalisation programme for disaffected and sexually frustrated and aimless young men. They start in MRA/Incel/PUA-hate forums, slowly inject rhetoric about interracial “cucking” and (((alien))) cultural ideas keeping them down and such into the discussion, and then draw the most promising prospects over to white supremacist sites for further indoctrination. Eventually, some of them take it into the real world, wearing clothing that signifies their allegiance to the cause. And sooner or later, a small number of them, egged on by their “friends”, will act out violently like this.

It’s a very similar process to what happens with Daesh recruits, a process of Islamic radicalisation discussed frequently by state security agencies and the MSM – no-one is saying some of them are “fine people”, and rightly so. And yet when it comes to white supremacist organisations it’s left to organisations like the ADL and the SPLC to call these white nationalist groups what they are: terrorist organisations.

13 Likes

No, this isn’t a thing. This guy was just as capable of getting himself off as anyone else without extenuating circumstances.

Not being able to attract a partner is something else entirely, and it’s not surprising that such a toxic person would have trouble with that.

8 Likes

Jerks like this believe they’re entitled to more than masturbation. When they don’t get more than that, they get frustrated.

Agreed, but bear in mind that they don’t look at women as “partners” in any context, sexual or otherwise. Partnership usually implies some level of equitable balance in a relationship.

8 Likes

But remember, he was a teenager so he gets more negative adjectives than on old rich man in Las Vegas.

1 Like

I agree with both of those statements, but calling those fucked-up beliefs sexual frustration obfuscates the real problems this person had as well as props up the erroneous thought process of men like him.

11 Likes

I can see that. It’s not meant to excuse them, and you’re right that a parenthetical “in the context of America’s culture of patriarchy” is in order as a qualifier.

10 Likes

I’d even go a step further and just refer to him as a seriously depressed, toxic person. It’s not something that’s limited to men or gender. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

Yes.

Honestly, this is the thing that has everyone livid. Most people would eagerly give up something they value if it meant not reading about another school shooting next week.

I get that you don’t think gun control will actually have an effect. But this bit of rhetoric isn’t about whether gun control will have an effect, it’s saying, that even if gun control were going to have an effect, you wouldn’t be willing to make any personal sacrifice to stop this, and implicating everyone else as having basically the same position.

Most people don’t. Most people of the people who want guns banned, if it were instead something they liked, would be running out the door, trying to show everyone they are first in line to comply with the new law and save the children.

Now if it were something people had a lot of trouble giving up: booze, chocolate, television; then sure, people would be reluctant. But I find people who like guns seem to take offense when someone suggests they have emotional attachments or dependencies on guns. And even then, that reluctance would take the form of publicly committing to do the right thing and secretly sneaking a chocolate sometimes, not boldly declaring that their love of chocolate was more important than school shootings.

32 Likes

There’s that, too. The GOP is taking advantage of that aspect to try to put this incident down solely to mental illness and ignore the whole roiling American cesspit of inputs that feed off of each-other to create it. That they’re even discussing the idea of increased government funding to help the mentally ill (usually one of their “undeserving” categories) tells us how desperate they are to avoid talking about things like white supremacy and cultural sexism and the wide availability of firearms.

7 Likes

At this point, it’s pretty obvious that ammosexuals have abandoned the social contract, and for the reason in the above analysis.

“I am unwilling to make personal effort or sacrifices on behalf of the safety and wellbeing of others. I want society to be structured around my preferences, and I don’t care about the consequences that stem from that preference.”

16 Likes

I found the booze example more interesting than chocolate, and raise you Cannabis sativa L. . I am quite certain that everyone would give up the idea of legally getting stoned if it stopped people getting shot.

No sarcasm. And please, everyone, don’t try to argue about Cannabis now. I just used it as an example people get very excited about.

2 Likes

None of this is wrong. Not even the otherwise-overbroad use of “he”.

21 Likes

#NeedsMoreLikes
#AllTheLikes

7 Likes

Have people forgotten about this thread?

6 Likes

One of my regular hobbies is archery, which is about as close to sport shooting as you can get without involving actual firearms. I even got the family into it.

If tens of thousands of Americans died of arrow wounds each year and the news was regularly filled with tragic mass murders in which a single archer was able to take down dozens of innocent victims then I honestly can’t imagine I’d want to do it anymore, let alone keep an archery set in the home I share with my children. Even if I convinced myself that I was one of the “good guys with a bow” the taint of mass murder would take all the fun out of it.

19 Likes